This drug has been very effective in the treatment of varicose veins.

Mar | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/2/2020
Condition: Enlarged Superficial Veins

After first leg injection for deep vein pain, I had vertigo for a week. After the second injection, I was in the ER within 3 hours with a massively swollen gallbladder which took 2 weeks to reduce in size but never worked again. I kept being told 'the shot had nothing to do with it'. I also developed angina when walking uphill and high blood pressure. 30 years later my blood pressure has been extremely hard to control.

Sarah | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/1/2014

he vascular surgeon used this drug on my legs very aggressively, and deep in my veins, and I didn't have vericose veins. I have had terrible reactions. Now my legs have weakness, feel pain, heaviness, stiffness, achiness, have difficulty sitting and standing. My gait and coordination are worse. No matter how safe the doctor says it is, it reacted like poison in my system. I never received the side effects and contraindications about Sotradecal from the doctor. If I did, I would have never authorized a sclerotherapy treatment. Patients should be aware of the side effects of this drug way ahead of treatment so they can decide if they want Sotradecal put in their veins. It should come with a warning and be presented to patients like regular RX prescriptions at the doctor consultation. Warnings and drug discussion in advance of a sclerotherapy treatment should be mandatory on the part of the doctors, the company producing Sotradecol, and the FDA should look also make warnings of side effects of this drug be mandatory that patients receive written information at least several days in advance of any procedures. Read More Read Less

itchy | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/16/2011
Condition: Enlarged Superficial Veins

It worked great on my superficial big green veins but within days of having the treatment I broke out in hives all over and it is just getting worse as the drug continues to get released in my body as veins dissolve. Being treated with antihistimes and cortisone cream, doctor says it will take weeks to be rid of hives

female patient | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/1/2010
Condition: Enlarged Superficial Veins

I received treatment for tortuous veins of the hand. Since treatment I cannot sleep and have migraines, and mood swings. I cannot find research data that shows how this drug affects the central circulation or CNS. I would never recommend this treatment for hand veins.

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
9/20/2010
Anonymous | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/13/2010
Condition: Enlarged Superficial Veins

Since receiving multiple injections on both legs at one time using this drug only, I have had difficulty sleeping. The night I had the injections I did not sleep at all and since then have difficulty getting and staying asleep.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/18/2009

WHERE BUY SOTRADECOL?

farre_j | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
2/22/2008
Condition: Enlarged Superficial Veins

This drug has been very effective in the treatment of varicose veins.

Anonymous |