my 5 y/o son has been taking tenex in combination with ritalin LA for 3 months. the ritalin alone had no effect, however when we added the tenex (0.5 mg in the morning) he began to excell in school , at home, and behave elsewhere. i have little to no behavior problems and my son is much happier. he is able to make friends as his adhd was so severe that other children avoided him. this has also hel...

This drug should not be given to children. It has not been tested on them. I have seen my patient get sleepy, drowsy, fall asleep standing up, et. on this drug. The FDA has no business approving an antihypertensive drug to 12 year olds. ***STAY AWAY PARENTS***

Anonymous | Female | Caregiver
10/26/2017
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I just wanted to say this as a warning to parents out there. This drug has not been tested and approved by the FDA for treatment of ADHD. It actually has only been approved to treat high blood pressure. Similarly, it has not been found to be helpful in treating ADHD in children under 12 or even safe. The use of this drug is not recommended for children under age 12. I understand that it is often prescribed, but you should be aware that many doctors do not know that this drug has not been tested on children and is not approved to be given to them. Studies have been done on children over age 13 and have shown a marginal impact on ADHD behaviors. High Blood Pressure medicines have been found to impact mood and even cause depression. If your child has calmed down it is likely due to a lowering of their blood pressure, not addressing of their ADHD.

krustykat | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Caregiver
11/9/2015
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

8 year old had a lot of temper tantrums that would rage and last hours. This has definitely made them disappear and when I don't give it to her for one day she goes back to raging temper tantrums. I believe that it has helped. We tried other drugs that are stimulant driven and they did not work. This has been the only one that has worked. Her side effect is sleepiness at 5pm and sometimes in school. She is not on any other meds.

kaysmommy | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
5/30/2015
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I have a 4 year-old that has OSA and due to that ADHD extreme impulsive behavior in addition to some sensory issues. He hardly ever slept more than 6 hours and those were restless and wakeful. His pulmonary (sleep medicine) Dr prescribed Tenex 1/2 tab at night and from the very first pill he slept a full 12 hours and woke up a brand new kid! I'd read how the drug impacted some children so I was SCARED but it has been nothing but bliss from the very first tablet. He's more agreeable. Listens well. Can sit with a task for more than two minutes. He's still has his sense of humor and still protests like a normal 4 year old. The deliberate defiance and rage is gone. Also, he can walk! Who knew? He had two speeds. Standing still and running. Best decision I made for us. After three years of this nightmare. I finally feel like we've got our life back.

WorriedMomInMA | 3-6 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month |
1/13/2015

My 4 year old son started this medication about 5 days ago. He has had trouble dealing with his father leaving and it caused major behavioral problems at school and at home. After doing everything possible to help him and nothing working the doctor suggested we try this. He seems to be responsive to the medication however, he seems to be hallucinating a little and is very out of it at times. I am hoping that this passes. They warned me that it could take a week or so to fully get in his system and for the initial effects to wear off.

K-dog's mom | 3-6 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
12/12/2013
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I have a 5 yr old son who was dx'd w/ autism, ADHD and ODD (along w/ expressive, receptive language disorder). He has tried Focalin XR and that made his symptoms worse. He's been on Tenex 0.5mg in morning and night and it really seems to be helping. Before this med we were getting reports of hitting at school daily, and since he started this med, he hasn't hit anyone! Also we haven't had any significant side affects. My only wish is that it was longer lasting. By dinner, he is wound up, running and somewhat violent again.