It took a little while for my body to adjust to it, but I have been on it for 4 years and my bp is great, also no noticeable side effects.

I now have lupus of the skin.

semloh | 65-74 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/23/2020
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I have taken Verapamil for more than 15 years. It works. I don't have horrible side-effects that I have had from other BP meds. It is interesting to read that other people have had problems... back to every BODY is different.

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
1/18/2020
Condition: Migraine Prevention

Have been on verapamil for over 30 years. Taken for vascular headaches. Fantastic results. No headache in years. (Unless some doctor tries to take me off and put me on newer drug.) cheap,effective,works well for me. 40 years teaching high school very high stress also keeps blood pressure at normal levels. One caveat to this med. Every insurance company or doctor thinks I have a high blood pressure problem. Have to explain why I use verapamil.

Blueskygal | 65-74 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/14/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I have been on verapamil for 16 years and works great and not expensive. I sometimes take an adfitional dose when i have afib and it calms my heart rate done. I take losartan and aspirin and thats it.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/26/2019

don't work

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/17/2018
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Terrible terribe side effects. Weird loud noises in stomach. Bowel incontinence, constipation. It took about six months to recover and my innards were permanently changed so I have to take miralax every day