Having IBS was debilitating for me - but since I've been using cholestyramine, I have a normal life style-I take 1/2 packet a day in my orange juice

Have suffered with diarrhea for over 25 years. Had my galbladder out 3 months ago so decided to figure out what to do about my constant diarrhea. I was eating up to 40 immodium tablets a day and would still have diarrhea. Just started this medicine yesterday and it made me sick to my stomach yesterday and today I have a severe headache and constant diarrhea......I am going to try to hang in the...

obxfan2 | 45-54 | Female | Patient
9/17/2015
Condition: Chronic Diarrhea

I have suffered with Chronic diarrhea for 30 years, was miserable. After having my gall bladder removed it really was bad. Finally my Dr. put me on this drug and have had excellent results. I take once a day with a glass of Orange juice. I would recommend asking your Dr. about this drug if you suffer from Chronic Diarrhea.

dallasailor | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
7/22/2014
Condition: Chronic Diarrhea

I finally asked my PCP to refer me to my specialist after about 4 months of not being able to leave the house. I brought my lab results, they could find nothing! My Dr. gave me a script for this, and within one day--it all stopped. I mix it with cold bottled water, about 4 ounces and stir in a glass with a knife, getting all of it mixed. Very easy! I take it once a day, but beware, if you forget to take it, the results will be a disaster. I wish my PCP had known about this medication. It would have kept me out of the tub daily for months.

Paris | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/17/2014
Condition: Chronic Diarrhea

Had diarrhea 3-4 times a day my daughter a nurse suggested it checked w/a Gastrologist he approved & was saved, problem solved. Also my Cholesterol dropped to 92.Reading the reviews was the best for me..Good luck

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month |
2/19/2014
Condition: Itching Associated with Blockage of a Bile Duct

Was put on this medication due to severe itching caused by liver damage caused by mononucleosis. It was more time consuming than a pill, as it is a powder you have to mix in with water or juice (tastes awful with water). It is hard to know how quickly the itching would have gone away on its own but a few days after I started the medication I noticed I was getting better quicker than I had been previously - more and more areas stopped itching and within a few weeks the itching was gone.

jean42 | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/2/2013
Condition: Chronic Diarrhea

Has helped my chronic diarrhea