High Blood pressure since I was 13. Best drug yet out of many,many drugs. I am 67 now.Question ? what is the long term effect of taking B/P medications this long ?

PC | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
4/27/2017
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Started this drug over 10+ years ago. Started out with 10mg. Now have moved up to 30mg.and have a terrible uncontrollable cough, this is the only side effect that I have ever had from this medicine over all these years. But I think it must be time for an ACE inhibitor type BP med. can not live with this cough.

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
2/15/2017
Condition: Failure of the Left Ventricle of the Heart

This medication helped my condition, but after taking this drug for 15 years with no problem, I had an allergic reaction. My upper lip swelled and I broke out in hives. Because my lip was swelling, my doctor told me to go to the ER. An IV drip of steroids and antihistamines was administered, and I had to take steroid pills for 10 days.

Anonymous |
1/20/2015
Condition: Heart Attack
CF | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/2/2014
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Found out my blood pressure was high in Easter of 2013.. I tried eating right(vegetarian diet) and exercise, it worked. I got too comfortable and started eating egg, cheese and fish again. In the last two weeks I've had lots coconuts, the water and jelly hard and soft meat (Caribbean people knows what I'm talking about :)) maybe too much good cholesterol and I ate out and something in the food raised my bp . For two weeks I felt like I would pass out. I went to the Doctor, my bp readings 175/95, 130/100 he recommend Zestril. Been taking it for two days.. mercy - sinking feeling, light feeling, tickling of throat, headache, vertigo feeling when rising. Today I tried calling doctor, was unsuccessful, my readings are 110/77, 90/84. I want to know if I should stop taking it.

OkanoganEd | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
6/15/2014
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Started with low dose of Zestril in 1988 (age 48) for HBP; 25 mg I think. As I aged the dosage increased was until 1998 when I was moved to another drug. I did not have any of the listed side effects. Currently using 100 mg Metoprolol with too many side effects. Looking for a substitute.