Labetalol was first given to me to treat hypertension ranging from 140/90 to 161/105 and was highly effective in lowering it to normal levels under 120/80. The downside to it was extreme fatigue. I actually have to take 50 mg twice a day even though the lowest dose is 100 mg. (I have to take 2 half pills per day)The 100 mg twice per day was too much for me and caused extreme dizziness and I felt a...

Mavis | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/4/2021
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Worked for the first 3 weeks or so, now not controlling my blood pressure at all. Dr. told me to up my dosage to 300 mg a day. The problem is with the higher dosage I have an irregular heartbeat that I’ve noticed the last couple of weeks when I take my blood pressure. Do you have to wean off this drug gradually?

Charlotte C | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/13/2021
Condition: High Blood Pressure

before taking this medication my cardiologist (5 doctors over 3 years) prescribed me 6 other high blood pressure; from Lisinopril to a cataprese skin patch and ALL gave me the most extreme side effects. Doctors kept wanting to drug me up and then FINALLY i went to a doctor that cared enough to recommend this medication in conjunction with natural things i could i do, and i have been on this medication for about 5months and its the best yet. Not everyone is the same so i say, experience it for yourself Read More Read Less

Patient1 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/23/2021
Condition: High Blood Pressure

On 200 mg three times a day, has lowered my bp but since taking it I am extremely tired and have 0 motivation to do anything.

Anonymous | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/24/2021
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I have never had blood pressure high even before I got on medication. This just doesnt work for me

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
2/25/2021
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Horrible medication. Dizzy, tiredness, scalp itching, Blood pressure goes up and down too quickly. Hand and feet to cold heart rate racing to quick and then it stop. I need to be in bed when I take this medication I feel like I'm going to fall even though its 100mg I look pale when it take it make sure to talk to you're doctor before taking this medication.

Freebird | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/13/2021
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I donâ??t know how in the world this drug is legal. This medicine made me feel like I was going to die. Trust me stay away from this drug. Itâ??s dangerous.

Anonymous | 19-24 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
7/21/2020
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I was on this medication for about 15 months for high blood pressure. It was a horrible experience. I developed POTS due to taking labetalol. Upon standing it would elevate my heart to 170 and resting my pulse would be 55. Doc said it couldn't be from labetalol and assured me numerous times labetalol is super safe... I also felt like I could never breath. I was always dizzy. Extremely hot. It would drop my bp so slow upon standing and my heart would race to the point of me feeling like I was going to faint. I became bed ridden for months and extremely depressed. I ran out of my prescription and had three days for refill because I called in late. Three days of not taking it and I felt amazing. No racing heart. No low blood pressure. No dizziness. I felt so normal I cried. I could breath again. Listen to ur body. Doctors don't always know everything. Mine was wrong. 15 months of my life I will never get back. It was poison to my body. I'm on 5mg lisonopril now and feel great. Read More Read Less

Labetolol | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/29/2020
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Horrible medication. Dizzy, tiredness, scalp itching, Blood pressure goes up and down too quickly. Terrible ringing in the ears. Taking 300 mg 2x per day. Not worth taking and too many side effects. Seeing my Doctor today !

Jazz | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/31/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I have been taking this medicine for fourth months now it works when I’m not under a lot of stress however it makes me have crazy thoughts and keeps my pressure kind of high sometimes . This is the safest medicine for breastfeeding, hoping to try something that won’t have me feeling depressed and hopeless as I have been feeling

Lori | 45-54 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
12/20/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I have been on this medicine for over six years. 100 mg twice a day at first I got headaches and a little bit of swelling in my feet but after a few months it went away. I have tried metoprolol and lisinopril Both gave me bad side effects. Iâ??m allergic to a lot of medications and I have had nothing but a good experience with this one. I do fine I cannot drink Alcoho lwhile taking it or else I will get major anxiety attacks. So, I donâ??t drink it. Win win!

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/9/2019

excessive tiredness,,,BP not lower

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/29/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I have been off and on this medication. I just recently started it again about 3 weeks ago. I have been in and out of the er with chest pain and dizziness and pain travel through my left shoulder for past two days. They took me off the meds again... Blood pressure is still high.

DM | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/26/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

200mg twice daily, lowered my BP from 150 to 120. Severe side affects, dry mouth, weight lose, low appetite, increase in urination, itchy skin

Cat | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/1/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Have some bad dreams on this medication. Also weird vivid dreams. Physician did not advise me as to side effects.

GDR | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
2/13/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Have been taking this med for 25 years. BP is well-maintained by it.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/31/2018
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Started at 100mg BID now I am up to 600mg BID with very little decrease in my BP. Has not been affective for me. Not sure if I am experiencing side effects of itchy scalp and tingleness in my scalp. It's excessive and started when I started this medication.

Dye | 55-64 | Male | Patient
7/6/2017
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I took Labetalol 100 MG twice daily for one year and nine months,this drug was effective in controlling my BP for the first couple of months,I only needed 100 Mg once daily but over time my dosage increased to 100 twice daily. I developed bad side effects started with no interest in sex,tiredness,weigh gain,cramps in legs then finally passing loud and excessive gas. now finally i am off this drug and all the above symptoms have disappeared.

Katiethan | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/14/2017
Condition: High Blood Pressure

This medicine makes me feel worse than my high blood pressure and it doesn't bring it down enough for me to feel like this. Dizzy, light-headed, constipated, headache, and just an overall feeling of yuck. I have been taking 200mg 2x daily for the past month and a half. I am 2 months postpartum and was diagnosed with preeclampsia at the third trimester so when it didn't come down after delivery my ob put me on this as it was safe for breastfeeding. It dried me up so I am no longer breastfeeding and she has sent me to my regular doctor to find something that will work better for me. Read More Read Less

Ashley s. | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/18/2017
Condition: High Blood Pressure

This is the worst BP drug for me my BP was consistently high 180/123 an I was even admitted to the hospital because it reached to 200/111 and I was takin 300mg 3x a day it did nothing and horrible side effects such as dizziness,tiredness,shortness of breath finally off this med taking procardia xl 30mg and metroprolol 25mg once a day BP has been great.

DEE | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/13/2016
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I have been taking this medication for about a month for High Blood Pressure, 260/189. It has brought it down alot. This medication in combination with Amlodipine does have slight side effects, but nothing to drastic. I monitor my BP daily.