I have been taking this medication for about ten years. In the beginning, it took about a year of trying varying doses to get to the dose that stablized my thyroid. I chose to stay on the med rather than radiation or surgery, so I wouldn't have to take tyroid replacement and experience hypothyroid symptoms. I no longer experience symptoms of hyperthyroid while taking only 5mg once a day and have m...

I, against my better judgement, and at the md's urging, took one freaking pill--5 mgs. this AM (a year ago I was diagnosed with underactive thyroid--put on meds--lost 31 pounds (to 86) got bad bronchitis and then told I had hyperthyroid! So, one pill--4 hours later -- in the supermarket-- had a few small seizures and hallucinations--called the doc (it's her day off) and said no more--I'm done. T...

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/4/2021
Condition: Overactive Thyroid Gland

Started taking a small dose and gained 20lbs in about 3 weeks and felt a bit bloated and just 'off'. My endocrinologist said the weight gain wasn't due to the med as this isn't a side effect but I think it was totally due to the med. Other patient reviews say the same thing. I was watching what I ate and doing yoga daily and nothing else in my life had changed. I stopped taking the med and lost the weight. However, my t4/t3 levels went up again so will try the med again at a 2.5mg dose as I don't want surgery and then have to take other meds for the rest of my life!

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/29/2021
Condition: Overactive Thyroid Gland

I've been on this for probably 4 years now. I only take 5mg a day x 6 days a week. It took awhile to adjust the right amount of mgs. My numbers are real good and want to keep it that way. My liver gets checked a few times a year.

Xzy | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/13/2021
Condition: Overactive Thyroid Gland

From ptu to methimazole my doctor switched and i got heart palpitations, fatigue, sometimes feel dizzy for first 3 days of taking the medication hope this is not a serious side effects of the drug and it this wont take long i hate my heart skipping beat i feel tired

Sterling | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/5/2021
Condition: Overactive Thyroid Gland

ITCHING ALL OVER BUT HANDS AND FEET ARE ITCHING ME CRAZY! I stopped this after a month. I’m getting the whole thyroid removed!

Mysamba | 65-74 | Female | Patient
2/1/2021

This is a nasty drug. Leaves metallic taste in your mouth and messed with my cognitive function. Diarrhea and stomach cramps too. It did clear the diverticulitis though. I hope I never have to take it again. It works though!