I have had hypoparathyroidism for almost 20 years. This drug has literally saved my life. I'm glad that there's now a generic version, simply for cost reasons. I see my endocrinologist every 6 months to get bloodwork done and see if my dosage needs 'tweaked', but rocaltrol is truly a wonder drug.

I have been ill since taking the drug. How do I get it out of my system? It has been over 7 months.

Malibu | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
6/12/2013
Condition: Condition caused by Low Levels of Parathyroid Hormone

I have hypoparathyroidism , for 10 years I have been taking rocaltral along with pottassium and usually 16-21 calcium pills per day , been hospitalized once sometimes twice a year with either high or low calcium . Now my DR wants me to try teriparatide injections costing 1000.00 or more a month I am not sure if I want to try this or not , very expensive .

Sutherngurloo7 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/22/2012
Condition: Low Amount of Calcium in the Blood

I am writing to see if the makers of calcitriol can help me fiancially for I am on disabilityand the med is expensive. Please help me. [email protected]

lassiestar | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/1/2011
Condition: Hyperparathyroidism caused by Chronic Kidney Failure

Side effects -diarrhea. Lowers parathyroid hormone from 94 to 72, and Vitaming D increase to 40, I think.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/15/2010
Condition: Osteoporosis

this treatment is awsome. I love drugs.

Anonymous | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
10/18/2009

My mother was prescribed Rocaltrol after a pelvic fracture. The ER Dr. said to take 2 weeks, she went to nursing home and they kept giving it. She continued to lose strenght and became highly anxious and somewhat dilusional. I finally found out and had it stopped. In about 10 days, she started to clear up mentally and regain strenght. I am so glad they stopped this drug or I believe she would now be dead.