What a wonderful drug!!! 7 years ago I was diagnosed with adrenal inauffeciency and as a result of that I have also been diagnosed with hypocalcemia, hypoparathyroidism and hypokalemia, but I no longer have adrenal insuffeciency but will always have the other 3...without this drug I would be hospitalized numerous times to get IV calcium. If Insurance don't cover it because they say it is a "Vitami...

HAVE NOT BEEN TAKING IT THAT LONG

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
8/27/2019
Condition: Condition caused by Low Levels of Parathyroid Hormone
AL | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/24/2016
Condition: Condition caused by Low Levels of Parathyroid Hormone

I had hyperplasia primary hyperparathyroidism. I had 3 1/2 glands removed. I then became hypo and had hungry bone syndrome, I had an extremely difficult time keeping calcium levels stable. Calcitrol has been a lifesaver. Ive been on it for about 1 year now and it had helped me so much.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
4/25/2013
Dobee | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
2/11/2013
Condition: Hyperparathyroidism caused by Chronic Kidney Failure

I had renal cell carcinoma and my left kidney was removed. I relocated to a different state to be near family. I moved my medical records to a new GP and she arranged for me to get established with a new Nephrologist. My first visit he ordered lab which included a PTH. My calcium was very elevated. He arranged for me to see a surgeon. After tests, he removed 3 of the 4 parathyroid glands. The first and quite costly medication did not help my hormone and calcium levels so he prescribed Calcitriol. While my hormone levels remain elevated my calcium levels are normal. With the surgery, medication and diet, I have seen an overall improvement in my health. Less fatigue, a clearer thought process and fewer mood swings. These and other symptoms had been dismissed as stress, fibromyalgia and aging by my old physicians. So, I learned the importance of a second opinion. It can be life changing

Beckyboo1951 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient