Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Microgestin 1-20 21 oral.

7/20/2015 8:31:22 PM

Reviewer: sarknee, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been taking this bc for over a year now and when I first started, I experienced extreme nausea. This pill protected me sexually, which was the reason I wanted it. It didn't cause me any acne but I had none to begin with and It somewhat dried out my skin. The worst side effect was the migraines... I am now switching so that I'm not having to take pain meds to not be throwing up from ... Show Full Comment

2/7/2015 7:08:23 AM

Reviewer: pain, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    Started on pill last month, had no period the first month. The second month and second pack had period spotting start sunday and seven days later still bleeding! Ive gotten the worse cramps with this product everyday this week, even aleve wont help! Without pill I used to get my period for 3 days tops, with maybe 1 day of extreme cramps. I have had enough of this pill and even though my doctor tol ... Show Full Comment

1/19/2015 4:23:35 AM

Reviewer: ashleyresdds, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
    7 years now- I take them all the way through so that I have NO periods. I literally havent had a period in 6 years. I feel great, mood is great, and never have the awful cramps and fake week long period like the other birth controls.

12/29/2014 4:19:09 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    After taking this Rx for 5 months, I've lost 15+ lbs, have a decreased appetite and sex drive, high anxiety, blood pressure and feelings of over heating. The absolute worst is frequent nausea and very irregular periods, if any at all. I went on microgestin after a horrible time with the depo shot and previous problems with headaches and migraines on birth control. Another Rx ruled out for me!

11/16/2014 10:58:28 PM

Reviewer: sos2014, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    I took this pill for about 6 months. I didn't get pregnant so that always a plus. I did experience spotting after the first month. There was also slight weight gain (maybe 4-5 lbs). I wouldn't say I had mood swings but I did cry whenever I was upset. After visiting my doctor, I switch to something else. * To remember to take the pill I set an alarm on my phone**

bald woman smelling flowers
    Complementary therapies to ease symptoms.
    diabetes highlighted
    4 early warning signs.
    Senior woman using diabetes test kit
    Each one takes 10 minutes or less.
    woman having a good day