Started this pill after being off the pill altogether for a few years (was on Ovcon prior to that). Ovcon had since been discontinued, so Dr. put me on this because I stressed that I did not want to gain weight. Over the course of the year, I gained close to 15 lbs (a large amount for someone who is 5'5") and developed cellulite all over my thighs which I have never had before. My diet and exer...

For the first year you will get your persiod normally, after that year if you still take your pill at the same time everyday, I found that both me and a few other people missed more periods in one year than average person would on birth control, you would average about 8 periods a year! this is not healthy for your body!!!! I am a nurse and I immediately found that I had too get off this medicatio...

Zeynep | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/29/2018

I switched to this pill two months ago because the first pill I was on caused terrible prolonged bleeding. I have experienced no noticeable side effects on this pill- not even spotting, and it appears to be effective, so I can make no complaint.

Anonymous | 19-24 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/14/2017

I'll be getting married soon and we didn't want to have kids right away so I considered birth control. This is my first birth control and I started a month before our wedding to see how I would react. So far, I'm liking this brith control a lot. I don't experience any major side effects, like weight gain or headaches. At first, I did experience a heavy, pressure feeling in my lower abdomen, but that went away. I was a bit more moody prior to having my period. And when I got it, I was so happy that I had NO cramps. Before BC, my cramps and lower back were excruciating. I still had some lower back pain with BC, but minor. Also, my bleeding is less. Compared to before BC, my flows were always heavy and I always had to worry about possibly leaking. However, I do notice my blood being more clumpy, not sure if that is normal. And I do feel more bloated than usual during my period. And I hate to admit, but I think I am breaking out in acne because of this BC. Other than that, this is my first month so far being on this birth control and I have no complaints. I hope it will stay like this.

Jaxson3 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/8/2017

This has been the worst Birth control ever, I work out eat healthy and i gained 10lbs a month after starting this pill. My acne is worse Im very moody and depressed which is not like me at all.

Jen | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
2/9/2014

This is the first birth control I have ever taken and I've been on it for 9 months now and I like it a lot. The first couple of months my periods were inconsistent but after that they were consistent and very light. I would get cramps the first day of my period and I would get bloated the day before I started but I would get bad cramps and bloat before I started taking birth control and the birth control definitely helps with that. I also get nauseous the first day of my period. I gained maybe 5 lbs while being on it. My boobs did get fuller. I occasionally get breast tenderness (mostly just my nipples) but it's nothing I can't handle. I missed a couple of days of taking the pills and my period never started. Overall I am pleased with my experience with Microgestin.

design | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
9/27/2013

I've taken birth control for the past 9 years, and I've been on this medication for about a year and have noticed many side effects but never bothered to figure out what was causing it until recently. I have gained roughly 15 pounds, even going to the gym everyday didn't make a difference, no change in diet or anything. Its given me horrible acne, and on top of everything else my very thick hair started thinning. I've also been horribly irritable, depressed, unmotivated, and tired. I blamed all these things on other things going on in my life but now I realize its this pill. Also if you miss even one day, you get your period for a week.It did its job, I didnt get pregnant but it scewed everything else up. I'm changing asap.