Had ulcer of cornea. Very painful. Drops helped over 14 days.

After suffering severe adverse reactions (immediate and delayed) to zymar ophtalmic which had been prescribed by the opthamologist as a pre-cataract surgery prophylactic use, I learned much later through the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) that Zymar was contraindicated for women of my age with specific prior conditions. This gatifloxicin product caused several severe ruptures/tears in my shoul...

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/26/2011

I used it after both cataract surgeries and had no problem. I guess I am lucky.

Floxed | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/5/2011

I was prescribed Zymar to used after my 2 cataract surgeries. I did not know at the time that my peripheral neuropathy diagnosed 5 years ago was caused by fluoroquinolones (Levaquin and Cipro) taken prior to that diagnosis. Had I known, I would have refused to use the Zymar. After using the Zymar, I did have increased symptoms of my PN, including burning feet and more difficulty walking. Do not use this drug without considering all side effects of fluoroquinolones. I've been suffering for 5 years and don't know if I'll ever recover.

oldwidowj | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/30/2010

I had a stitch break in my cornea graft of over a year. I delayed going to my doctor and infection set in. He did not think we could save the eye,but after 5 weeks,the results have been nothing more than amazing. Last visit test showed almost back to vision I had. Cost is nothing when it is your EYES! Iam 81 yrs young.

Anonymous | 75 or over | Female | On medication for less than 1 month |
5/4/2010

scratched eye, become red

JG111767 | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/16/2010

CATARACT SURGERY, THIS TIME ON RIGHT EYE, FIRST TIME DEC 08, WORKED REALLY WELL, NO SIDE EFFECTS, MAYBE CUZ MY AGE 42, WHO KNOWS, BUT NO PROBLEMS HERE !