Unlike many of the other commenters, I am not a new mom. I began having peri-menopausal symptoms and was prescribed Yaz. My blood pressure got too high to continue and I switched to Jolivette. Since starting it more than a year ago, I have fewer mood swings and more regular periods. They are not regular--just more regular than they were due to perimenopause! I have noticed an increase in break-ou...

I was not told to use another form of birth control once I was not breastfeeding "full time" (which I later found out this pill is only effective when nursing "full time")My husband and I got pregnant while on this pill and me still nursing my son. My beautiful daughter was born with a rare birth defect, effecting her mid line of her face, it's called Frontonasal Dysplasia and abnomalities in her ...

LACAGirl | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/30/2017

You have to take this at the exact time every day. If you miss even by an hour, you will start bleeding by the end of the day. I've had so much break thru bleeding with these pills. I never know when it's going to happen. Also, I feel bloated a lot from these pills. Had weight gain, etc. I hate this pill.

MalU | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/27/2016

Switched from YAZ to this for various reasons. This made me feel like I was PMSing constantly, 24/7. Super bloated, super tired, super hungry, irritable, gained 10 pounds in less than two months. I quite honestly thought I was pregnant multiple times due to the way this made me feel. No thanks. Willingly switched back to YAZ as it gave me zero of those unwanted side effects.

tyl414 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/8/2016

I have been using this for about 3 months and have been getting my period every other week. My breasts have been tender for at least a month. At times I feel like this is making me go crazy with my mood swings. I used to be on a progesterone only pill for a couple of years and never had any side affects. I will not be staying on this.

Sjan | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/12/2016

Planned parenthood switched me this brand of POP after I told them I had ONE migraine with an aura, they said it was policy to take me off of my combo pill which I had been on and LOVED for 3 years. So the 1st month I had horrific cramping and acne. I found it extremely difficult to take this pill at the exact same time even with an alarm set. I became terrified of becoming pregnant. This pill started ruling my life, I'm like "is it 9:30 yet"??? Well I went to a actual gyno and she put me back on my beloved monessa, the combo pill. She said one migraine wasn't enough to warrant a change. I'm a non smoker, 5'6 and 110, have no healthy issues or family history of it. My new gyno actually informed me that the whole 3 hour window is BS and said it can be less effective at 30 minutes difference. And ahe said its only about 85-90% effective at preventing pregnancy, oh heck no! In 9 days I get to switch back to the combo pill and me and the finance aren't getting busy because I do not want a baby!

allibug | 25-34 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
12/23/2015

I've taken Jolivette while I've nursed my children (a total of 3 years so far), and I've had no problems. The only abnormal thing is that taking the pill stops my period completely, but I don't miss it!