I made the mistake of reading these reviews when I recently prescribed Junel and almost called my doctor to switch before even trying. I decided to stick it out given that my experiences with Ortho and Cyclessa were horrendous anyway. I AM SO HAPPY I DID. Bottom line- you have to try it to know if it works for you or not. I haven't had a single side effect. If anything, my mood has improved drasti...

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
4/27/2021

I was switched to Junel after taking another brand (can’t remember the name) and I love Junel. Before I was experiencing moodiness, no sex drive, acne, etc. and after being switched to Junel I have no side effects! Love this medication and will never take any other!

Anonymous | 13-18 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/20/2021

Switched from LoLoestrine for the price to Junel. The first 2 months were okay, but I think I just still had Loestrine in my system but I've switched back to Loestrine because I have been bleeding brown for 2 months straight going on 3. Although it has been restricted to a pantyliner, so it isn't heavy, Loestrine worked so much better for me.

Glad I switched | 19-24 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/7/2021

This is the second kind of birth control that I have been on. The first one I was on, a progestin only pill, resulted in irregular bleeding and mood swings; however, after switching, everything has improved. I no longer have the mood swings, and there is no irregular bleeding. I have no noticeable side effects from this medication. Also, aside from acting as birth control, the pill has also greatly helped with my periods. Before, mine were very heavy, painful, and irregular. Now they are easily managed and predictable. For as long as I need birth control, this is the one I will be taking.

Choirchick16 | 19-24 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/9/2020

Junel 1/20 was my first BC. I had nausea when I first started taking it, but that went away after a week. I've had always fairly clear skin, but this somehow cleared it up even more! I was fairly moody for the first several months, but that started to even out. I was skipping the placebos, but I was having a lot of spotting, some of it getting quite heavy for spotting. It was just starting to get more manageable at the start of month 5, and I would have stuck it out for a bit longer, but... My sex drive tanked. Had I been single, I probably would have stuck it out for a while, but... I'm switching to something else to see if my body reacts/adjusts better.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/21/2019

This review is solely for the girl, like me, who FREAKED OUT, before starting the pill. A little back story- I am 27, never have taken birth control before, and have a regular cycle which is 4 days a month (not super light, but not heavy at all.) I was nervous that I was going to 1: get sick, 2: be an emotional wreck, 3: absolutely hate it, 4: have spotting. While I am only at the end of my first week, I have had absolutely no symptoms other than my back being sore. My period lasted its normal 4 days and is gone with no spotting. While symptoms may eventually come, for the girl who is nervous just like I was, you really need to give it a try and see how your body reacts. The negative reviews scared me endlessly, but so far so good!!!