Going to get the injection is a bit inconvenient but the benefits definitely out weigh that. My Peak flow has gone from NEVER in life over 300 to well over 600 in just a few months.

I notice that right after I get my xolair shots I start coughing so hard that I gag It's very embarassing when you cough that hard in public what can I do? I ask my doctor about it and he doesnt think it is the xolair I even took antidiotics for this but I still have this terrible cough that wont let me sleep at night. please , I need some advise Elena

EMCdot | 13-18 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
3/2/2021
Condition: Persistent Hives of Unknown Cause

How does anyone afford this? My daughter needs 2 injections per month, $1K ea, $2K a month is impossible. Just had sample shots, not sure if it even works yet.

Ironish | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
6/9/2020
Condition: Persistent Hives of Unknown Cause

Xolair is honestly a miracle drug for me. I had been experiencing full body hives (autoimmune urticaria) for months and I had reached my breaking point as no antihistamine worked. Then came Xolair. It took some time to work so you have to be patient but once it did, my quality of life dramatically improved. I no longer experience hives although I can tell when it is wearing off because I will start to itch a bit ( nowhere close to what my hives were like before). I receive monthly injections.

Floridacanuck | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/29/2019
Condition: Allergic Asthma that is Resistant to Treatment

This is a miracle drug. I have been using my Ventolin inhaler so much I needed one once a week. I have been on xolair for 2 1/2 months and my current Ventolin has lasted 15 days. It's about half full still. I'm walking. Losing weight. Able to do things I couldn't for the last 3 years. I love xolair. It's saved my life.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/27/2019
Condition: Allergic Asthma that is Resistant to Treatment

Vial works 100% but pre filled syring does not work well, 35 to 50 percent effective

unclezeus | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/22/2019
Condition: Persistent Hives of Unknown Cause

Chronic hives for about 14 months now. I had hoped this would help, as little else has. Alas, I can honestly say that after 5 shots, any benefit is undetectable. I had managed to reduce the scope of the hives by limiting my diet (no nitrates, no artificial colors or flavors, no high histamine, and no high salicylate foods). But only steady antihistamine doses throughout the day seem to help - 50mg of hydroxyzine 3x a day for itch and 50-100mg of Benadryl 3x a day to reduce hives. (Thankfully the drowsiness of both passes after a few days.) A Xantac during heavier outbreaks seems to help as well. None of the non-drowsy antihistamines helped at all (Claritin, Allegra, Zyrtec, etc.). Not sure what to do now, as I donâ??t want to take all these pills indefinitely (it canâ??t be healthy). Crossing my fingers that the Xolair might just take a little longer to work for me, but Iâ??m not holding my breath!