I have tried to quit the Premarin several times since having a complete hysterectomy in my late 40s(I am now 73) The only "side effect" was the misery when I was off of the meds-horrible hot flashes and mood swings which were intense. Needless to say, I went back on and feel fine. I just heard from my insurance that Medicare/supplement ins. will not cover the Premarin. After finding out that it wo...

I refuse to take this drug simply because of the way it is produced. Go on You Tube and watch what is done. This medication comes from pregnant horse urine. The conditions those horses live in is absolutly horrible, as soon as the foal is born it is taken away and the mare is made to keep getting pregnant. Its unbelievable

A | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/7/2021

Please don't take this drug. "Premarin" stands for "pregnant mare urine" and that's exactly what its made of. Horses are kept in terrible conditions, always kept pregnant, discarding the foals, in order to collect their urine. There are other alternatives available. Please talk to your doctor about alternatives to this medicine

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more |
11/12/2019
Condition: Low Estrogen After Operation to Remove Ovaries

I have had only 2 reactions from this treatment. Occasional sore breasts, and stomach acid reflex. Without it I am miserable with night sweats and hot-flashes. I have taken Premarin for 20 years, (6.25) after a complete hysterectomy at age 42, but each time I try to go off of it, the hot-flashes are miserable! So back on I go! Guess I am a lifer!

Linda | 65-74 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
10/3/2019
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

Partial hysterectomy age 45, now 71 yrs old and have reduced my Premarin to the lowest does .3 for the last ten yrs. Tried going off it at age 60. Hot flashes were bearable but had great difficulty sleeping. So I�m back on it and sleeping well so I prefer to take Premarin for the rest of my life. My bones are fine so is my weight.

june | 65-74 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
10/1/2019
Condition: Low Estrogen After Operation to Remove Ovaries

Iâ??m 71 years of age. I had a total hysterectomy at the age of 38. I was placed on Premarin and remained so up to a year ago, at which time I became concerned about breast cancer and blood clots. I remained off this med the past year plus. Iâ??ve developed hot flashes, chills, foggy feeling, weight gain and fatigue. I decided to see an endocrinologist. He explained to me that I had inadvertently placed myself into menopause. He also recommended I read â??Oestrogen Mattersâ?. After doing so I made an appointment to see my gynecologist and have been placed back on my â??Premarinâ?. Happy to say doing much better.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient