Avonex people have been wonderful to me as a patient. I have been injecting for 10+ years and have required financial help over the years. Avonex personnel have always provided this assistance. I believe the medication has slowed the onset of my symptoms. Thanx again Avonex.

it makes feel awful i wish their was another drug for me

Anonymous | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
12/5/2012
Condition: Multiple Sclerosis

This is my second review of this medication. I have been taking Avonex, now for about 2 1/2 years. So far, this has worked very well for me. No MRI change and no relapses. I just started with the new pen style injector. Once I get used to it, this will be great.(Still takes some time to push the button lol) It doesn't hurt like the regular shot and its done in seconds. The needle is shorter and thinner. The needle and med. both go in, with the same action, (pushing the button). Its really a piece of cake to use. I still get the crappy feeling the next day, side effect. Its nothing we cant handle and its certainly better than the alternative. I say again, make sure you do what your dr says and stay positive. After 4 years with MS, It is still not the end of the world, dont let it be for you.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
7/22/2012
Condition: Multiple Sclerosis

Been taking it for a year and a half. Had no flare ups and with the new Avonex pen, its even easier to take. I get no side effects now and I think that it is really helping me succeed.

Martha | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
7/9/2012
Condition: Multiple Sclerosis

I have been on the drug a long time. I switched from Betaseron in the middle 1990s. Since on the medication, I have been VERY MUCH better. The side effects are minimal. I am thankful to have this medication available. I have no intention of stopping.

Yovanova | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
4/2/2012
Condition: Multiple Sclerosis

In the beginning, it was working great. I thought it was the best thing. I started taking it in 2004 and two years later my symptoms started getting worse. I now have nerve damage. I still experience those nasty side effects from the Avonex 8 years later. My neuro is changing my meds soon to Gilenya. Can't wait!

sannergirl | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
12/20/2011
Condition: Multiple Sclerosis

I have been taking avonex for a year now. I have the smaller needle witch helps. I take 3 advil liquid gels right before my shot and then every 4 hours after. I give it in the morning and the symptoms are much more managable. I use the ice for 90 sec. and then i don't even feel the needle so overall very pleased with my experiance.