Have been dealing with nausea, cramping, diarrhea for the last 5 years after my gallblader surgery. Finally my GI doctor prescribed this medication. I am a complete different person, it has changed my life as I do not wake up every morning with "morning sickness" and I do not have to be afraid of eating and going to the bathroom all the time.

Unfortunately for me this medication has not worked at all. I have a colostomy due to cancer and have had at least 15 move-ments per day. but I keep taking it until I see my doctor again but I don't think there is anything else out there to take.

Allie8691 | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/30/2020
Condition: chronic diarrhea due to bile acid malabsorption

After having my gallbladder removed, I have had the worst diarrhea. I was in the hospital for tests when I was prescribed this medicine. It has worked well for me so far but I highly advise you to dissolve it in orange juice as the taste has a kick to it!!

Cinnie | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/15/2020
Condition: Chronic Diarrhea

Not working for me. diarrhea is somewhat better, very embarrassing gas, Stomach aches, bloated, loss of appetite.

Phoenix | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
7/22/2019
Condition: Chronic Diarrhea

I take Cholestyramine for chronic diarrhea after having my Gall Bladder removed. The medicine works well to alleviate those symptoms when I take it twice a day. However, heed the warning about the possible damage to teeth. Apparently this stuff can quickly damage the enamel and cause tooth decay. I have 6 new cavities after taking the medicine for about 6 months, and I have had no cavities in the previous five years before starting this medicine.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/6/2015
Condition: Itching Associated with Blockage of a Bile Duct

unfortunately this drug did not relief the itching and it tastes very chalky.

CEK | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/21/2014
Condition: Chronic Diarrhea

My diagnosis is microscopic colitis. This med worked for about 2 weeks, then my diarrhea returned. My doc prescribed using it 3x a day, but I found on several websites the prescribed amount is 2x a day. So on days I missed a 3rd dose, I didn't worry about it. But wonder if that is why my symptoms are returning, as I've been traveling extensively and typically only get 2 doses in, occasionally 3. I may try again to be more diligent about 3 doses a day. Any advice out there?