Was given with Versed to help sedate me for a outpatient spinal procedure. I had to be alert enough to tell my doctor if I was feeling pain from what he was doing. worked well to help keep me relaxed and not to be in excruiciating pain.

Michael | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/8/2013
Condition: General Anesthesia

I had a colonoscopy yesterday using Versed and Fentanyl and had no side effects at all. I was under just after the injection and woke up with no pain and no memory of the procedure. I would use this combination of drugs for most out-patient operations.

Didi Paano | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/26/2013
Condition: Regional Anesthesia for Surgery

The day after my nerve block on my back, I broke out in a rash that took over a week to go away. We chalked it up to the Fentynal. I was in total misery the entire time with the rash....never again!!

mari36 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/21/2012
Condition: General Anesthesia

They gave me this anesthesia during my colonoscopy and I had a horrible experience. Woke up confused, dizzy, and did not stop vomiting. Still felt some side effects the morning after the exam. Don't recommend it at all.

luckey106 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
6/8/2012
Condition: Severe Pain

I have fentanyl in a pain pump inplant,and from the first day it was put in I have not been able to get up and do anything.All I am able to do now is stay in bed.Before I was on Morfine and I could go as I wanted to

Chata! | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/11/2011
Condition: Additional Agent to Induce General Anesthesia

I had to have a nerve block done due to a previous surgery and was given this medication to relax and have an easier calming feeling for an Anesthetic before my surgical prcedure. It worked wonders and I had no bad side effects from this medication.Although I woke up drowsey after the procedure was done but nothing too extreme as far as side effects from this medication. Hope this helps those whom are asking for advise or information. Good Luck!

Farmworker | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/1/2010
Condition: General Anesthesia

I was given Fentanyl 2ml Inj with Versed for anesthesia/colonscopy. I am a healthy 50 yr old female(non-smoker, non-drinker, etc...) with no difficulties or any complication from any surgeries prior. Before surgery, I was on Erythromycin for a cold. When I woke in recovery, I was extremely ill and began vomiting. After the nurse gave me a phenergan shot to make me quit vomiting, I went home. Later, the vomiting started again that night - extreme dizziness, I had to go to the ER. My status was urgent with extremely low blood pressure, heart rate was very low, extremely dizzy and vomiting with every breath. I was hooked up to several machines. It was a horrible experience. I've had procedures before w/o these complications. It made a very healthy person extremely ill and I suffered weeks afterwards with spells of dizziness and vomiting. I consider this experience extremely unique for me. I've had surgeries since with no complications or aftermath but, the anesthesiologists have told me that there are better "cocktails" for anesthesia without resorting to fentanyl and they wouldn't have used it knowing that I was on an antibiotic prior to surgery. This experience has caused anxiety and fear that I have never known before. So I always check prior to surgery about what medicines they are using to induce anesthesia.Read More Read Less

KenMar77 | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
11/5/2009
Condition: Pain

I use Fentanyl for cronic back pain. The most of my pain is in my lower back, but I have pain from my neck down. I started taking 50MCG/HR to start with 4 years ago. Now I have been on 75MCG/HR for about 16 months,but it's not working very well now. If I go to 100MCG/HR I'm afraid that I will have to take something stronger if that does not work.

Kyoki | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/28/2008
Condition: Regional Anesthesia for Labor Pain

I was given Fentanyl for back labor pain. The injection of straight Fentanyl did little to ease my pain, but when combined with the anesthetic for an epidural worked very well. My only complaint was that it itched! Like millions of bugs, it itched like mad. Considering I had no side effects outside the itching and the medication wore off in a comfortable amount of time with only vague residual 'wierd numb feeling', I'd definitely use it again.

Milo | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month |
7/24/2008
Condition: Sedation with Ability to Respond to Stimulation or Speech

I had this in combination with Versed when I had an upper GI endoscopy. I was scared to death of the procedure, but with this medication plus the Versed and a spray to numb my throat, I had *no pain whatsoever*. I actually have no memory of the procedure at all -- it was like it never happened at all. I no longer fear having a colonoscopy now, and when the time comes, will go back to the same doctor. (I do dread the prep, though!)

buaslm | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/9/2008

I'm plagued with migraines that don't seem to go away. Several trips to the ER and the normal dilauded that they gave me wasn't helping the injection of this seemed to nock it right out of the park. Normally dilauded seems to work fine but for some reason this wasn't working. The nurse sugeested thist to the doctor and low an behold it was a miricle. Not that I want to go that route again. I have heard of the patches as a matter of fact my stepfather uses it for constant pain though he uses a patch for. I'd never even heard of an injection before but there is a first for everything. It worked wonders but it is not something I would want all the time. I normally would welcome nothing at all besides imitrex but with my heard condition that is not allowed. However my now pain specialist thinks I may have problem with that and I failed my last drug test. And he is not too happy with me and is threatening to through me from his practice. I'm looking for others who may have had this used on them to find out if it is a normal use for this medication. I have three herniated disk in my neck that tend to cause migraines from time to time. I don't want to lose my pain specialist. But I can't figure out how else it could be in my system.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/15/2008

MSPOMS | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/5/2008
Condition: Acute Pain Following an Operation

This drug was used after a 2nd dacryocystorhinostomy operation. I was in severe pain because the surgeon removed scar tissue from the 1st DCR surgery. I suffer migraines. Coming out of the surgery, after 2 doses of this drug, I was still in severe pain from the surgery and a migraine. The place I went to was a first class eye surgery place. I was disappointed that efficient Pain Control was not available. I understand Fentanyl works fast and stops working equally fast. I agree.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | Patient
4/24/2008
Condition: Additional Agent to Induce General Anesthesia

This medication was given to me with Versed for a colonoscopy. I have had several colonoscopy procedures in the past with Valium, and Demerol, and was bothered with pain throughout the procedure. With the combo of Fentanyl and Versed I slept through the entire procedure, with only drowsiness, and light headedness afterwards for about 8 hours.

LINDA | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/2/2008
Condition: Sedation with Ability to Respond to Stimulation or Speech

The level of effectiveness would depend of the amount of Fentanyl IV given i.e. 100mcgs would be very mild. Maybe, level II. I had this level of Fentanyl Citrate Inj for my colonoscopy last week and it did not work. Also, I was given drug called Versed 2mgs which I thought was high, where 1 mgs Versed is ok for an adult. Neither of these drugs in combo worked, I had extreme pain where the doctor stopped my colonscopy at the Transverse,located just below my belly button. I'm not happy, my entire right side of my colon was not examined. I'm worried because this is the area, I'm getting pain, especially about 2-3 hours after meals.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
2/10/2008
Condition: Severe Pain

Fentanyl infusion via PCA pump 50mcg/ml being infused at 960mcg/hr basil and 960-1250mcg bolus (20-25 bolus/day). Terminal abdominal cancer. Severe FAP w/ Gardner's syndrome.

ott | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/13/2007
Condition: Additional Agent to Induce General Anesthesia

After surgery, much vomitting.