After just the first pill ,I could feel relief,I have only taken my second pill,and feel so much better, but I know I have to finish all the medication ,and I will .

My doctor prescribed me this drug. This is the first I have ever taking antibiotics or any type medication. During that time i develop this indescribable itch all over my body. soon after that i developed hives, swellings and then lesions all over my body. What was worst, my doctor didn't follow-up with even after I told about my reaction. My skin is ruin, i still have lesions on my skins.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months |
9/14/2022
Condition: Inflammation of the Bladder

PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS. My perfectly mentally healthy relative committed suicide after taking this less than 2 months. Only use if its a LAST RESORT, please please be careful with this medication.

Toni | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/25/2022
Condition: infection caused by bacteria

Given to me for stomach bacteria. I've taken two pills and my skin feels like I'm about to break out in hives. I feel so lethargic. I got up overnight to go the restroom and I could not move my left hip. It terrified me to say the least. I'm not sure why doctors would prescribe this poison to anyone! I've thrown the medication in the garbage and hope no one has to experience the side effects of this crap!

Michael c | 19-24 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/6/2022
Condition: Heart Valve Infection caused by Haemophilus

This is the worst pill you can take, I had the worst side effects and so do many. It will damage dna and make things much worse. If you are reading this and have been floxed, load up on magnesium 800mg to 1k a day it will help repair the damage and calm the nervous system. How our government allows this is crazy but money over health with FDA

Share | 19-24 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/2/2022
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

Based on my symptoms they said it’s prostatis, I have used this for a month , I did not have issues , second time they again , this time I am having burning sensation in legs and palms . I am going stop it . Hopefully this side effects go away after stopping this . Any looking at this please share your experience of side effects.

Nan | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/31/2022
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

I used to take this medication for UTI in my twenties. I always had leg/muscle weakness when taking the medication but never knew that kind of symptom was reason to stop taking this medication. Now I've tried the medication in my early thirties and this time my lower leg pain was painful feeling like something in my shin might burst, not just simply weak feeling. So this time I thought maybe I discontinue taking the medication. In the same area that it was painful, now it's just a couple of weeks later, and after just walking around a lot on vacation the same place that was in pain from the medication is again feeling a lot of unusual pain/inflammation/whatever it is I'm not sure exactly what. I fear it is related and this time the impact from the medication had more damage. I'm worried for the long term and not sure which specialist to see. Read More Read Less

Mark | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/28/2022
Condition: Continuous Bacterial Inflammation of the Prostate Gland

Prescribed a short course (six pills) of Cipro 500mg. to prevent infection from prostate biopsy. One pill the night before, two the day of plus one more at the doctor's office, two the day after and one the following day. I'm on the day after biopsy (taken five pills so far) and it has for sure made me feel lightheaded, a bit dizzy and slightly nauseous. The rest of my body feels kind of weird, almost like being high. I'm glad I'm almost finished. Biopsy was unpleasant enough with having to deal with side effects from medication.Read More Read Less

Jane | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/25/2022
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

This medication cured the UTI but the side effects were burning pain in my legs, nausea and lightheaded. Only took 2 days. Would NOT take again. Pain in legs getting better now.

ciprofloxacin | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/10/2022
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

I was prescribed Cipro for a UTI in October 2020. Before completing the medication I experienced weakness, breathlessness, off balance feeling; I couldn’t walk 10 steps without stopping to rest against a chair or wall. A year and a half later the side effects have not subsided; neurological problems, cognitive issues and increased all over pain. I’m barely functioning and even though I HAVE to work I don’t know from one hour to the next how I will feel. The exhaustion is debilitating and I’m practically disabled. Showering and getting dressed to run a quick errand is exhausting anc puts me in bed for hours afterwards. I just filed a formal complaint with the FDA. There is a BLACK BOX warning on this medication that says it should only be used as a last resort especially if you are over 60. It also states that doctors and pharmacists are required to inform the patient of the adverse side effects possible with this drug. Read More Read Less

Anonymous |
4/7/2022
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

Warning do not take this if you have EDS. This drug has been know to cause ligament strains. Ones with EDS have already loose ligaments and need to be on something else.

No | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/25/2022
Condition: Acute Maxillary Sinus M. Catarrhalis Bacteria Infection

I have had chronic sinusitis for years and had two surgeries. When things got really bad my MD prescribed amoxicillin which helped somewhat. I purchased Cipro in Europe without a prescription and it worked IMMEDIATELY. I can’t believe nobody thought of this in the US but I am glad I did my own research. No unusual side effects with 250mg 2x day. I never thought I would feel this good again.

yaks | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
2/19/2022
Condition: Intestine Infection due to the Shigella Bacteria

The drug was administered to a colleague and she lost her gait, had spasms in her stomach, severe headache, fevers and chills. she barely could step her feet on the ground and was in pains. Not recommended for treatment. It is definitely a bad drug.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
1/23/2022
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection due to E. Coli Bacteria

So I’m split on this medication. I ended up having to go to this anitbiotic years ago as a teenager because I was allergic to the others. I’ve been taking it with no issue for as long as my UTI issues began. But this go around seems to be different. Whereas I’ve never experienced side affects before, this time I’ve been experiencing odd slight soreness/stiffness in my muscles and I have popping in my joints. I had some nausea but that quickly went away after the second day. Now the issues with my muscles and joints aren’t severe, I still have full mobility and no sudden pains or “snapping” at my joints. It’s just weird to me how things could change after so many years of taking it, and those small side affects are definitely something that had me concerned given this drugs reputation. I’ve reconsidered taking this drug after this, despite it’s effectiveness. I recommed excercising caution when taking this, it’s truly a last resort. I don’t want to strike fear into anybody, but I do want to encourage everyone to do their research. The antibiotic is an extremely powerful one, and I’ll give credit where it’s due - it’s gotten rid of every UTI I’ve ever had. Read More Read Less

DAW | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/28/2021
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

worked wonderfully to handle UTI, no side effects and cleared up my SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth) symptoms as well, something much more costly antibiotics have not been able to do.

Orestis | 25-34 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/1/2021

This is poison. I took it for 16 days 2 pills 500 mg per day and another time after one month for 10 days. It made me have tremors, fatigue, tinitus, stiff muscles, weak limbs.

George | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/31/2021
Condition: Typhoid Fever

The medication was for typhoid which after the first time I took it was Okey but I couldn't sleep at all. When I took the second dose it was like mad scratches and rashes but I couldn't say for sure what was wrong until I was discharged from the hospital and was given same drug to complete the dosage. I took it around 8 PM and before 11 PM, I hadrrashes aall over my body itching like hell with swollen lips. I ran back to the hospital and I was given an injection that took care of the side effects. Read More Read Less

DMZ | 65-74 | Female | Patient
5/1/2021
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

I am a female age 68 and by 3rd day I had relief. I drank 3 quarts of water daily and had no problems. I read everything provided. No sugar and no alcohol. Worked fine.

Kimsby | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/17/2021
Condition: Diverticulitis

I immediately got dizzy, nauseous, and had muscle aches. Split up dosage with Flagyl to make sure it was the Cipro. After reading Black Label warning, PCP switched me to Bactrim. I’ll review it after I take it.

MZGAPEACH | 35-44 | Female | Patient
12/22/2020
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

Once you get past 4 days the meds start working....the side effects are horrible I had chills, shakes,pain n my limbs, back ,foot I also had the stinkest pee it smelt like meds which I didnt know it could be that strong ....overall I would say if u can by past the side effects then you good

DW | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/7/2020
Condition: Abscess Within the Abdomen

I.V. Ciprofloxacin was absolutely useless at treating an infection of Morganella Morganii. The only thing i got from it was swollen spine joints making it impossible to stand up straight.

Nike | 35-44 | Female | Patient
9/22/2020
Condition: Infection Within the Abdomen

Worked well for the infection but had a terrible side effect.I had pain and swelling on my wrist which I was told was due to tendon rupture-an adverse effect of ciprofloxacin i was not warned of.