Switched to this in place of FOLFIRI i.v. medications. Avastin used in combo with present pills and previous FOLFIRI. Main side effects with both are extreme fatigue and nausea. Fatigue was much worse with only i.v. meds. Nausea seemed worse with the pills, but probably because you take them for 2 weeks. I prefer nausea that can be relieved with a pill than fatigue that keeps me in the bed al...

My mother took this medication for two weeks as a precaution. She had severe diarhea, became dehydrated requiring hospitalization. I believe this medication caused her death.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/8/2020
Condition: Colon and Rectal Cancer that has Spread to Another Area

only side effect skin issues with my hands and feet

TLT | 65-74 | Female | Patient
3/23/2019
Condition: Breast Cancer that has Spread to Another Part of the Body

Some nausea initially, however, went away after a few doses. This is my fourth cancer drug and I feel better on this one than all the others. Hopefully, it will keep me alive until another cure comes along.

Sheemo | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/12/2018
Condition: Breast Cancer that has Spread to Another Part of the Body

When I first started these meds I had some vomiting. Mostly once a day but there were days when I vomited twice. My doc lowered the dose and increased my anti nausea meds. I was best kind after that. No hand

PCMonte | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/2/2017
Condition: Breast Cancer that has Spread to Another Part of the Body

The generic from Mylan caused severe gastric pain and bloating after two days of use. Discontinued use and returned to Xeloda, which does not have this side effect. Maybe it was an allergic reaction to an inactive ingredient, but there is no way to find out. So, I am reluctant to try other generics.

Vince G | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
11/20/2015
Condition: Colon and Rectal Cancer that has Spread to Another Area

my wife had bad side effects from this medication 500mg in each pill,taken as follows 2 in the morning and 2 at night. After 7 days, her body just shut down, no eating, drinking vomiting 30 minute. she only she is 4'11 and at that time was only 83 pounds.she passed away 2 months later.