I BELIEVE THIS KILLED MY FATHER, HE TOOK IT AND EXACTLY 1 HOUR LATER, HE SAID OH MY GOD MY HEAD HURTS, AND FELL OVER AND DIED

peggy51 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/17/2011

I was given this drug after receiving a bit on my finger by my cat - preventative med. The Urgent Care doctor that treated the wound told me to take one pill right away (early PM) and another later that evening (at bedtime) - earlier than recommended 2nd dose. I did what he advised - took the 2nd pill before bedtime. Here's what happened: I awoke out of a deep sleep at 3 AM feeling very anxious and a bit confused, and realized as well that I could think just fine, but could not speak without difficulty. I had a hard time telling my husband what was wrong. Managed to get out - "can't speak - call doctor." We called my dr. who said that wasn't a "usual" drug reaction. He suggested waiting for 10 min to see if symptoms continued, and so we did. The aphasia eventually went away, but I have refused to take this drug since then. It's on my "allergic to" list I give every doctor I see. I also won't allow it to be prescribed to my children. It was the most frightening drug reaction I've ever had. Granted, perhaps I was overdosed, due to the Urgent Care doctor's shoddy advice to double the dose in less than 24 hours, but who wants to take the risk again?

I. Cindy | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/2/2011
Condition: Bronchitis

Please beware of this medicine, I had forgotten that I had taken this medicine about 10 years before and had halucinations, faintness,nausea, and extreme headache. This time taking it I had just taken it and with in 10 minutes I had extreme headache, nausea, faintness, rapid heartbeat and was taken by ambulance to hospital. If you feel any signs of not feeling well with this medicine, I suggest to stop taking it immediatly and request another prescription.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
8/30/2010

dizzid | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/16/2010
Condition: Chlamydia Trachomatis Infection of Female Pelvic Organs

Experienced severe nausea, diarrhea, stomach cramps, joint pains, headaches, breathlessness and dizziness. Am afraid to resume exercising.

ladybug42 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/31/2010
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection

I had the exact same reaction as "Toastee"-one of the threee who have reviewed this drug. I was driving when it hit me, I became disoriented, convulsive, heart racing, scared, tingling and numbness were in my hands and feet and had to call an ambulance. Within a week I became Agorophobic, didn't drive for three months, I had panic attacks all day long and realized it was "FLOXIN" that was causing this - and I only took "1" pill. It ruined my central nervous system! I finally went to a psychiatrist, who had a similar reaction when she took it, and she put me on Prozac...which saved my life! I stayed on it for 11 years and finally got off of it. Sometimes the pancik attacks will try to come back, but the breathing techiniques they taught me work and they go away. I'm appauled that doctors still prescribe this med, knowing its potentially destroying and sometimes fatal side effects!