This drug was not effective at 20mg 1x daily, I experienced abdominal discomfort, headaches, and I notice I cry easily, made me very sensitive, eye started to twitch, muscle spasms, dr. Wanted to increase dose, I stopped taking this med, dr suggested I then break pill in half if I'm going to stop, tried that and felt worse e.g (eye twitch) my brain feels tight as if it were in a vice, this med is ...

NYC4440 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/12/2016
Condition: Premenstrual Disorder with a State of Unhappiness

Words cannot describe my elation with this drug. I was barely functioning a week out of the month. Nothing has worked (short of brain stimulation). Just when I was about to go that route, I asked my OBGYN to switch me to Pexeva and convinced my Psych to add it to my treatment with Effexor and Abilify. So far, I can say I am alive again. I recommend not taking it close to bed time and to drink plenty of water. Oh, and I notice I am sweating like an athlete but that makes me feel as if I am alive again!

deanima99 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/10/2015
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

I have tried more than 5 different medications for anxiety and depressions, most in the SSRI category, and some others. Pexeva is the only one I've found that is *both* effective *and* gives me minimal side effects. I did not gain the weight on Pexeva that I did with Paxil, nor do I feel lethargic in the same way. I had a negative reaction, or really bad side effects with many others: Prozac, Wellbutrin, Effexor, Lexapro, and Zoloft. I have now been on Pexeva for 3 years, and I feel great! Different medications affect people differently, but this is the one for me. Maybe it will be for you, too!

been there | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
7/20/2014
Condition: Repeated Episodes of Anxiety

Before I took this drug I was angry, yelling, constantly upset, crying, paranoid and insomniac. I have taken many antidepressants over the years, but this one has been the most effective. It was incredible! I felt like I had changed back into the person I used to be. I am now patient,calm, and much happier.

JoAnn | 55-64 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
6/16/2014
Condition: Panic Disorder

I have tried others medications, but this seems like the best for me. The problem is that it is too expensive. For some reason my insurance company has taken it off their formulary and they want to me take the generic. I tried the generics before and was sick as a dog. My doctor is supposed to call for authorization to help pay for Pexeva, but he is as lazy as the Government. I am finding myself constantly withdrawing the Pexeva because of the money and I feel like I am going to die. I tried to find the phone number for the manufacturer of Pexeva and had no luck. I am in an awful situation. Withdrawal from antidepression meds is something that can't be described. I wish I never started taking them. It's all about money? The drug companies and doctor's love that we get addicted, but they are no where around when you need them.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months |