I have lost 5 pounds in two weeks and notice an over-all (needed) calmness, not jittery or excitability which has been an added bonus. This may need to be looked at for other methods of treatment, not just weight loss.

I too just started taking this medication. Thing is the same week I started taking it, my throat decided to slightly swell up and have a horrible sore throat with inflamed lymph nodes. Just a coincidence or a side effect?? Thanks.

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years |
6/12/2020
Condition: Overweight

I have been using diethylpropion for a while now and have had a lot of success with it! The only problem I have had with it is that I have slight constipation. I try to remember to drink lots of water and eat a lot of fiber though. I noticed some of you mentioned getting headaches. That probably is from dehydration I think.. Good luck to all of you out there trying to lose weight. It's hard but you can do it if you keep your good habits going after you stop taking it.

Very Satisfied | 45-54 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/15/2019
Condition: Weight Gain

I have been taking this med for a few years. I started out taking it 5 days a week for about 6 months and I lost 30 lbs. Since then I weigh daily, try to eat healthy and exercise. If I gain a few pounds Iâ??ll start back on the med until I get back to my goal. I take it in the mornings before 10AM, if I forget and have not taken it by then I skip that day, otherwise I would have trouble sleeping. I only work two days a week 12-14 hr shifts, and do not take it on days that I work. At work I am usually very busy and a little stressed, I found that if I took it when at work I was a little jittery. It keeps my energy level up and decreases my appetite, I do get hungry and eat but I fill up faster. If I do get hungry in the evenings I try to eat a small snack that is low calorie (100 or less) and high fiber. Very happy with it.

Kay | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/8/2019
Condition: Overweight

I have taken a very low dose (25mg) in morning and have had increased energy, less depression and lost 20 lbs. I have had depression for years, gaining weight during that time. Question is...do they use this med to treat depression? For me, it has helped more than any antidepressant I’ve ever tried!?

Sam | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/16/2019
Condition: Weight Loss Management for an Obese Person

I have been on this drug for 2 1/2 weeks and lost 7lbs. Really stops me snacking as much. You can still snack but certainly not as much as before. I am able to eat much smaller food portions too which is helpful. Only downfall is I can�t pop lol, when on the tablet but before you take the next tablet you can lol. Seems to work well I have still smacked and had a meal out once a week as a treat. But this pill makes you think differently which helps with weight loss. Good luck

tcraw | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month |
1/25/2019
Condition: Overweight

Have only been taking 75mg for 1 week. I do notice I'm not snacking and am eating less. I have high blood pressure so this med was recommended. I have noticed a few side effects: insomnia, so I take it early in morning, dry mouth, I drink a lot of water, I noticed I have a cough, which I was going to ask the doctor about, I've also been having a ringing in my ears I notice at night when I lay down.