This medicine works beautifully- no more dry mouth or eyes; however, the sweating episode that starts about 1/2 hour after taking each (of 4 pills a day), is an awful side effect. If I could just reduce the sweating, this would be the 'perfect' medicine!

mommamurph05 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/5/2023
Condition: Dry Mouth Secondary to Sjogren's Syndrome

I haven't had any relief from my dry mouth or dry eyes. I've been experiencing hot flashes and flushing and then cold chills since starting the Pilocarpine. I stopped taking it today.

Jack | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
6/24/2022
Condition: Dry Mouth caused by Radiation Therapy

Had radiation to the head due to cancer. After radiation treatment, I have been taking this mediation of 5mg 4 times a day for year and a half now. I still have dry moth and all I do is sweat.

HH | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
3/2/2022
Condition: Dry Mouth

I was given this for a dry mouth, and strange feeling in my mouth. I got headaches and blurry vision, and seemed to sweat a lot at night. I will take the issues with my mouth over the side effects of this drug. No thank you

Brian | 13-18 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/20/2021
Condition: Dry Mouth

I had mouth sores due to dry mouth. I improved with Salagen by 90 per cent. I take 15mg but I would like to take 20mg.

Jc | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/22/2021
Condition: Dry Mouth Secondary to Sjogren's Syndrome

After the 2nd dose I got the worst vertigo and ended up in the er getting mekalazine , Benadryl via IV and a liter of fluids . The spinning stopped two days after I stopped the medicine . Never will I take this again !!

Yeastofyourworries | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/2/2021

Dry Vagina Boyfriend: "Thanks"

Lesli | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
8/20/2019
Condition: Dry Mouth

It does not work for me. My doctor has recommended a specialist in this field other than a dentist.

Julia B | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/27/2019
Condition: Dry Mouth Secondary to Sjogren's Syndrome

Iâ??m taking 20mg/day (5mg x 4 daily). After a full month I notice little change in my eyes or mouth. Iâ??m not sweating significantly. Iâ??m waking once in the night to pee. However, my blood pressure has gone from â??lowâ? to â??at riskâ?. Iâ??m also having continuous gut-ache and increased difficulty with swallowing and sore throat. Iâ??m in to see the Rheumatologist at the two-month point, but I hardly think this is worth the $212/month (Canadian) that Iâ??m paying for it.

tom | 75 or over | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/15/2018
Condition: Dry Mouth caused by Radiation Therapy

i tried it for one month. i found it expensive, but i may give it another try

HECTOR | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/21/2017
Condition: Dry Mouth Secondary to Sjogren's Syndrome

I TAKE 1 AND 1/2 OF A 5MG EVERY 6 HOURS, SAVED MY LIFE!

Anonymous | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
6/2/2017
Condition: Dry Mouth Secondary to Sjogren's Syndrome

Taking 5mg, 3x daily and it's been very effective for my dry mouth. I will say the only issue that I have had, is the first hour or so after taking the dose, I could choke on the amount of saliva my mouth produces. Still this is better than the dry mouth I suffer with without this medication. As with others, at times my dry mouth does return, usually an hour or so before my next dose. It has also helped with my dry eyes, but unfortunately not to the level of my mouth.

G'mom | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/13/2017
Condition: Dry Mouth Secondary to Sjogren's Syndrome

Dr. suggested I try this for dry mouth but I was undecided. When eye dr. also suggested it for dry eyes I thought I'd give it a try. After a week of taking it twice a day I could tell a difference with mouth dryness. Minimal improvement with dry eyes. I still wake up during the night though with my mouth dry and have to get up for a drink. It does cause chills and sweating about 20 to 30 minutes after taking it for up to an hour so I make sure to not take it close to bedtime.

anthony | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/26/2016
Condition: Dry Mouth

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Think it may have to do with how hydrated I am. Lately it has been giving me severe episodes of sweating and hot flashes. They are bad enough that I have to come out of my clothes. Effectiveness of the medication seems to be about 2-3 hours so when I use it while sleeping, it doesn't do me any good. It also gives me chills which can be good in the summer because it's bad enough that I have to cut the thermostat temp up to prevent A/C from kicking on. Overall the med is better than nothing but isn't very effective overall.Read More Read Less

Ynohtna | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/18/2016
Condition: Dry Mouth

Kicks in about 15 minutes after taking it. Really increases the spit factor but after 2 - 3 hours the effectiveness seems to wear off. Also have noticed an increase in sweating which doesn't last long. Wish it would last longer in the system since it has worn off during the end of my sleep but I am thankful for what it does while it is working.

SeniorMom | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/26/2016
Condition: Dry Mouth Secondary to Sjogren's Syndrome

I took this medication for 6 months with no problem and good results. However, I ended up with ulcers as a result of taking this pill, and I was only taking 1 pill per day. I would urge caution to anyone with existing stomach issues, although I didn't have any when I started this medication. Just beware....

Patient | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/6/2015
Condition: Dry Mouth caused by Radiation Therapy

No luck with pilocarpine. I had extensive neck radiation.

P J | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
2/13/2015
Condition: Dry Mouth Secondary to Sjogren's Syndrome

Pilocarpine did not help me at all. There was a slight increase in my saliva production but I still had to sip water with each bite of solid food in order to swallow. I had used Evoxac for years and had great results. When Pilocarpine came on the market my insurance would not cover the Evoxac unless I got preapproval, ie...almost an act of congress...A written request to the insurance company from my Rheumatologist, test results, etc...I was unable to get all this together at the time so I had to use the "generic" Pilocarpine for one month. There was an immediate difference. I virtually had to go to a liquid diet for nutrition. It took several weeks to get an appointment, have the Dr. contact the insurance company, etc..The Evoxac was quite expensive which was a shock, so I tried the Pilocarpine. The day I was able to start back on the Evoxac, the result was immediate...! I could swallow solid food again...gained back the weight I lost and could sleep through the night because I was not woken up by choking at night from my mouth being so dry.Read More Read Less

Kathyrose39 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/11/2015
Condition: Dry Mouth

Not sure if it is a coincidence or not, but when I first took this prescription, I noticed an improvement pretty quickly. Shortly after I started, I started to feel very strange in my throat. I stopped taking it because I found myself making strange movements in my face and neck. I started aspirating on my saliva and drinks and even some foods. I felt like I had a dry spot in my throat and I had to keep coughing and drinking to correct the problem. I feel swelling in my neck around my saliva glands. I have not taken the prescription for about a month and I'm still feeling the effects of the drug. Seeing my doctor tomorrow. Read More Read Less

Dawn G. | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/9/2014
Condition: Dry Mouth Secondary to Sjogren's Syndrome

I seen a change in my dry mouth/dry eyes. I often forget to take it before meals so take it right after. I was quite surprised at how much I sweat. I go through periods of random sweat episodes all night and day. No other side effects have happened. Over all I am happy it is helping with my dry mouth and eyes.

Anonymous | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient