I was given this medicine for a infection in the bone under my tooth. I had a root canal that did not relieve the infection. I was put on this med. for 7 days. I have to say that medicine easily effects me. So with this my anxiety went through the roof. Granted the situation did not help but I believe that this medicine also gave me the shakes,tremors,nausea and panic episodes. I stuck it out and ...

I was prescribed this antibiotic after foot surgery as a precaution against infection. I took 3 doses before realizing why I was nauesous, headache, loss of appetite, malaise and unbarable stomach pain.

GutSick | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/22/2015

I was prescribed this medication for a severed finger in my late twenties. I had a severe hive reaction to it and stopped its use after a week's use. A few years after I developed IBS. I believe it was directly related to the killing off of all the beneficial gut bacteria. A few years after that it developed into colitis. All those years, no Dr. ever prescribed a probiotic. 20 years later and my colitis is worse and I believe I have developed Candidiasis, as I have ALL of the symptoms. I'm having my doctor test for it now. This is all as a direct result of the use of this drug and poor information and/or treatment with probiotics. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DRUG!

flaseagal | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years |
7/16/2013
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection

I've had several UTI's over the years. I found Duricef/Cefadroxil was very effective. No side effects at all. I was taking 500/mg. for approx. 7 days. All the infection was cleared.

Duricef | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/20/2013

After 30 years of using AFRIN to breath and live with a constantly stuffed nose, this ENT/Allergist started me on 500mg Capsule TEV (Cefadroxil) for 10 day duration. I can breath freely and regained my ability to smell/taste. I am on my 3rd day and have nothing but good things to say. Thanks Doc and the medical community for these advances to allow people to enjoy life's simple pleasures!!!!

Charlyn45 | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/31/2013

Prescribed for me after foot surgery. Caused severe itching, sweating, anxiety, and blood in my stool. It also caused a yeast infection. I would consider this drug to be dangerous.

ELB | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/20/2012

I was given this medicine to prevent infection after foot surgery.I'm not sure if this is the reason I am irritable and anxious,but I also itch all over.