I started taking Prilosec under direction of a gastroenterologist in 1992, which I think may have been very close to the when it was first available. I had severe Barrett's Esophagus and was having emergency endoscopies about once a year. I took it 365 days a year from about 1996 until early this year. The scarring in my esophagus has almost completely healed, which is wonderful. Unfortunately, I ...

Dr calls it GERD, nasty acid reflux, bending over can get really vile backwash, after eating I feel like I have a huge "bubble" that does not want to go up or down. Negative for ulcer and H.Pylori, I also take thyroid meds, hungry all the time. I take the 20mg Prilosec (generic) first thing in AM by bedtime it is worn off so I take a big slug of Maalox and sleep partially sitting up. I have put on...

Anonymous |
4/17/2021
Condition: Condition in which Stomach Acid is Pushed Into the Esophagus

franco | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
10/17/2020
Condition: Condition in which Stomach Acid is Pushed Into the Esophagus

I have taken Omeprazole (prilosec) 40 mg for at least 25 years for severe gerd. It was so bad I couldn't drink water without getting reflux. The medicine worked almost right away and I have had relief for 25 years. I asked doctors over the years how long I could use it. They all said forever. I've been reading about users having all kinds of side effects I have had none/zero. I do take B12 1000 mg to offset vitamin issues but that's it. I spoke to my Internal Doc about how effective it and he said its been a "miracle drug" for people suffering from severe GERD (that was me) and to keep on taking it. I still take it daily.

Nick | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
7/18/2020
Condition: Excessive Production of Stomach Acid

I have had stomach issues for the last 60 years. Prilosec was prescribed as soon as it became available. However, taking it every day made my stomach hurt so bad that I only took it when my stomach was upset and it did help. Then two years ago I was talking to a lady and she said she cannot take it daily but takes it 3 days a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday so I gave that a try. Wow, what a difference. I avoid many foods that upset my stomach but sometimes it didn't matter what I ate, it upset my stomach. So have lived with very little stomach upset since I change to 3 days a week.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/29/2020
Condition: Indigestion

Horrible side effects, arthritis symptoms, my whole body ached, joints, arms, legs, my skin lost all its glow, I looked and felt like I was 90. I stopped taking this and replaced it with apple cidar vinegar and water each morning, and I feel great! Would never take this again!

XGuilt | 65-74 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/13/2018
Condition: Inflammation of the Esophagus with Erosion

Simply put, this drug works. I've used it off and on for several years but now am using it daily and long-term per my doctor's advice. The drug's maker, P