I am 49 years old and have not had a period for about three years. My doctor did some blood work and said I have started menopause. I was feeling horrible. I had hot flashes, anxiety, heart pounding, couldn't sleep, and was miserable. He put me on prometrium, 200 mg. daily to be taken before bed. This medication has changed my life. I feel normal again.

I started having significant memory loss and bad mood swings. Called Dr. 3 times-no help. Found problem myself.

concerned | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
7/4/2021

This pill is round and rubbery. It is difficult to swallow. It gets stuck in my throat and has blocked my wind pipe so I had a hard time breathing, It's very painful. I tried everything to swallow it with water, food and it still stays lodged in the throat or wind pipe, I have to cough it up as it doesn't dissolve. It works wonders but the swallowing is difficult for me and wish they could redesign the shape of the pill.

Judy Diamond | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/8/2021

I started taking Prometrium in conjunction with Esdtradot 2 days ago. The side effects of Prometrium are horrible; dizziness, very tired, so what is the point of them at all? With so many nasty side effects listed, why bother to promote this product to women who are already going through the pains and misery of menopause?

Hone | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/29/2020
Condition: Prevention of Abnormal Growth in Cells of Uterine Lining

This medication gave me severe insomnia and upset my stomach.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/17/2018
Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/14/2017

I've been in surgical menopause since 2013 with horrible side effects from the estrogen only treatment. This medicine has given me my life back. I am finally able to sleep all night. No more depression or anxiety. I feel normal now.