kizlz5 | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Caregiver
12/19/2015

while taking this drug,my son was diagnosed with scichophrenia,bi polar diorder! The ONLY thing this drug has done is ruin my sons life!Its a good thing FDA took it off the market! SLEEP deprevation.....My son was a productive,kind,generous,hard working,loving individual.With use of this drug,it made him have schizophrenic mood behavior.He got so bad,I took him to the E.R and they shipped him off to a mental hospital,and started giving him mind altering drugs.This has been going on for 13 years! and no one would listen to the fact my son was addicted to Ephdera " mini thins' that could be purchased at mostly ANY gas station,by anyone! Yeah it was ok to sell to minors!What was the FDA thinking? They finall took it off the market,but I feel it was too late for many individuals who took this drug in their teens! Now as a mother I am fighting for my sons very life,because if these doctors dont STOP giving him all these psyc.drugs,he WILL die! They DONT want to adress the real problem...My son was was addicted to EPHEDRINE! Read More Read Less

abud | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year |
5/8/2015

i stack this with caffeine for my weight loss program. it works wonder. Luckily, in my country there are a lot of non prescribed drugs containing ephedrine Hcl sold and the price is absurdly cheap.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/30/2014

After being diagnosed with Narcolepsy 25 years ago and initially treated with Ritalin I found EphedrineHCL in 25mg every 3-4 hours worked well to keep me alert. No shakes or other weirdness with it. Not available on Internet anymore due to the damn addicts, but my Dr. has ordered it thru my pharmacy.

Major Yelle | 19-24 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/30/2013

My doctor and family recommended this to me for my severe allergies and lack of endurance. It clears my stuffy and runny nose instantaneously and the long lasting extra energy makes this a great starter for those long summer days. It slightly hinders my ability to sleep, and I occasionally experience short dizzy spells, though only while directly under the drug's influence.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | Patient
7/13/2013

I have taken ephedrine hcl for 25 plus years. They say there is no miracle pill for weight loss and management, but for me it is ephedrine hcl and now it is getting very scarce to find!! Haven't taken any in 8 months and I have gained 10 lbs.!! I just wish it was easier to purchase!! It was my miracle drug. I could eat anything I wanted and never gain a pound!!!!

Whatever5696 | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
7/28/2012

I took this drug for weight loss and to help with studying for college. When taking any supplements that you may build a tollerane to, you should take some time off from taking it when you begin to build a tollerance. Any supplement can be addictive so if you have an addictive personallity don't take it. It's a wonderful supplement that I take off an on for college and or to control my weight. Drink plenty of water and take in moderation.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
4/1/2012

As with ANYTHING, moderation is the key. If you abuse this drug, OF COURSE it can have potentially negative effects. I started using this years ago when it was still legal, to lose weight and keep up with my long hours at work as a paramedic. I lost 45 lbs in a few months and I pretty much loved everything about it. I will tell you that the "negative" side effects I noticed were dry mouth and increased thirst (never let your mouth stay too dry, for too long -- this is how tooth decay begins!), I definitely felt like I had a shorter temper than normal after being on it consistently for approx. 6 months. This is when I decided to cut back... to once or twice a week, at most. I can understand why the FDA banned this drug, but at the same time, I think that under a physician's care it can do A LOT of GOOD. It basically removes your desire to eat... thus helping you lose weight and helping any weight related issues you may have. It has been proven to drastically aid in the relief of asthma symptoms. I believe that IF you use this drug in moderation, and fully understand the possible risks, it's a wonderful thing. Unfortunately, this country is FULL of people who abuse all good things, so you're going to have the bad effects that come with that i.e. Mental issues, stroke, heart attack, etc, etc, etc. Be smart people!! All good things can cause damage if you abuse them!Read More Read Less

pwt54 | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month |
4/1/2012

it makes me energenic

chronic cougher | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
12/8/2011

I originally started taking ephedrin unintentionally while in college, in the form of diet/energy pill as sleep-replacement. I had no idea what it was, all I knew was that it made me more alert, gave me more energy/strength, and let me pull all nighters. Even when they took it off the shelves, I had no idea what it was or what it did. I didn't make the connection at the time, but a few months after I stopped taking it, I started developing a chronic cough. My primary care Dr wrote it off as a cold (for 4 months?). My ENT wrote it off as post-nasal drip induced. Finally, after it got progressively worse, a pulminologist determined that my cough was triggered by low grade asthma (which I had as a kid, and "naturally" went away once I started taking ephedrin). We went through 4 different types of asthma treatments, to varying degrees of success, none satisfactory. Last year, I scored some ephedrin from a guy at the gym, and finally stopped my chronic cough. Within a week after my stash was exhausted, my chronic cough returned. My "guy" disappeared, and I need more ephedrin!Read More Read Less

Cortisone is a dangerous drug | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
11/26/2011
Condition: Asthma

Have used it as combination medicine 60mg with Doxyllamine succinate 25mg, ambuphylline 180mg, Phenylephrine 25mg continuously for 38 years to manage COPD. My asthma developed into COPD through cortisone treatment in my youth. Ephedrine and derivatives of ephedrine (used in combination with the above)saved my life and my health. Cortisone treatment including simbicort is dangerous and entrenches asthma. I have also done weight training/ body building while on this medication.At age 59 my lung capacity is 17per cent greater than average male of my age and height. The negative comments about ephedrine are ill informed. The medicine improves mental focus and general health. I have six university degrees and professional qualifications. Ephedrine is a miracle medicine.Read More Read Less

moonglow | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
10/6/2011

i use it alot wish i didnt

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/24/2011
Condition: Bronchitis

i was able to breathe easier

Roger H | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
10/31/2010

I have been taking this medication for over 20 years. What started out as an effective way to increase energy, over time, it took larger amounts in order to have the same effects. Now when taking over 600-800 millagrams a day, it surves little purpose other than help me marginally function with some energy. Without it, I think I would sleep all day long and not have a job. I would not recommend use of this product to anyone, regardless of how it may start out to serve its purpose, because in the long run, it will make you age faster than normal, not to mention the long term emotional and physical affects.Read More Read Less

darkjedi75 | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
6/6/2010
Condition: Asthma

I started taking this med years ago close to 15 took it for a good ten+ years. Started to help with asthma and extreme fatigue. Grew into a problem with taking close to 1500mg per day. Glad it was banned luckyI am not dead. It has been 7 years since I quit and I still crave it. This med fried my thyroid, and now have chf, emphsema, copd, severe anxiety, just to name a few issues

Truthteller | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
12/6/2009

This has been around for centuries. I have used this for more than 20 years. Asprin kills more than 1000 people a year. Moderation is the key. Too much of anything will kill you. Banning this product is a mistake by the FDA.

TownofMarionChief | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Caregiver
10/19/2009

I watched my wife battle a 3 year plus addiction to this nasty drug. She took it as an upper to counteract her prescription drug abuse--morphine. While it may have limited use in asthma patients, I would strongly discourage anyone from experimenting with this drug. It altered my wife's moods greatly and our family has and still continues to suffer from her abuse of ephedrine. She was a great lady who now suffers from extreme paranoia, irritability, and drastic mood swings.

TampaFlorida | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
10/1/2009
Condition: Asthma

Incredible, what a completely dishonest one sided description of this herb, because that what it is, an herb used for last 5000 yrs effectively for asthma and breathing related issues. How many people do you suppose that would add up to? I treated my mild asthma effectively for several yrs with 25mg and have additionally experienced significant weight training and cardiovascular gains with an ECA stack. In fact I have known dozens of individuals equally satisfied by ephedra or an ECA stack. I also read that 4mil American used ephedra at the time of the ban, so it seems to me being punished a few abusing a drug, any drug, is absolutely ridiculous and of course an incredulous reason for it’s ban and demonization. How many people die from aspirin over dose per year, alcohol, or cigterettes? You appear to me a medical site; I suggest practicing real medicine, real science, and not out appease big pharma who cannot patent an herb that provides high level effectiveness at a low price. Get real! Read More Read Less

briant | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
6/14/2009
Nichoal | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
3/2/2009

Ephedrine is super addictive..I've been trying to quit and still function for a good 10 years, and I'm only 27. It's kinda like 'Legal Meth' because your tolerance builds, and you take alot. I DON'T advise aNYone start..I wish they would disappear. ThanX 4 reading:)

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
1/29/2009

gives me a real boost in the gym when added with any fat burner.