Since I began menopause twelve years ago I have NOT slept through the night, always wake at the two hour mark. I do not take this drug every night for fear of dependency but when I require a good night sleep I will take which allows me to have a good nite sleep with NO side effects next say (lethargic, etc.)

i have had 3 tablets today and i have had 4 hours sleep am on 30mg 3 times a day. i still feel abit anxious and like the andrenaline is running through my body. i was involved in a car accident yesterday and still feel abit anxious.

Vahid | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
11/22/2019
Condition: Anxious

I take just 2.5mg or 5mg! when i have anxiety. It calms me down immediately and makes me feel good even the day after. It even blocks the anxiety for long term sometimes and i take it when it comes back which can be couple of weeks after. Anyways! works perfect for my body

Sherrie | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
3/15/2018
Condition: Anxious

I have been on this now for 16 years but only take when needed at it can become very addictive and has worked wonders for me.

Bernie | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
7/30/2017
Condition: Anxious

Terrific for short-term use, like airline travel and trouble getting to sleep, because it works quickly and only lasts a few hours.

Happylady | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years |
7/24/2014

I had been taking Serepax(Oxazepan 30 mg)1 tablet before bed; for 2 years . Bingo!!! good night sleep. Suffered insomnia for manyyyyyyyyy years, restless nights. Now I am happy sleeping through all night.

Gypsie | 65-74 | Patient
5/13/2014

I have nightmares

Anonymous |
5/6/2014
cjdd | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/3/2014

I am taking this Oxazepam along with an anti-depressent, Pristiq. Since the anti- depressent dosage has been increased to 100 mg., the Oxazepam doesn't seem to be quite as effective. Today, after taking it, I felt a sadness. I wonder if the seratonin levels could be too high when taking both of these drugs together, since they both work on chemicals in the brain. I want to find out about this and also what side effects the norepinephrin involvement can cause. CD

Jayne | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/19/2014

For those having trouble staying asleep (not falling asleep), this medication is a happy middle ground. I had tried zolpidem (ambien) for chronic anxiety-based insomnia and found that while it was great getting me to sleep, I was often up again at 2 am (we do not have ambien extended available in Canada, so options are limited). My doctor then tried me on Zopiclone (Immovane), but I felt foggy and hungover with it the entire next day. Oxazepam feels gentler to me, it helps me stay asleep and the next day I'm not hungover by it. For Canadians with limited choices to sleep medication, this drug appears to be the happy middle ground -- keeps you asleep if you have issues staying asleep overnight, but doesn't zonk you out the entire next day.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient

3/13/2013

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/24/2013
Condition: Anxious

I was to the point of a breakdown on the side of the road one night.Called my Dr, prescribed this medicine and thank the lord, I haven't had that type of moment since

sissy | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
9/8/2012
Condition: Anxious

almost immediate relief from anxiety attacks.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/21/2012
Condition: Anxious

It effectively calms me however I am concerned with becoming dependant.

Tizztown | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/12/2012

A very effective treatment for insomnia. I gained a tolerance after 6 weeks; but I gain tolerances easily.

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
2/20/2012

Have been taking this med for sleep, sometimes that has been only 2-3 hours a night. This drug has helped soooo much. I can sleep all night. Has made my life normal again.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | Patient
12/3/2011

I'm scared to take this pill.. I'm getting anxiety just thinking bout taking this..

lucky duck | 55-64 | Female | Patient
6/13/2011

I use this drug for sleep. I was only sleeping 3 1/2 hours a night. I go to sleep every night very easy now and do not feel like I have been run over by a truck in the morning.

Dsexy73 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/20/2011
Condition: Anxious

I have been taking it for 3 yrs now. I wasn't told it was habit forming and now I am addicted to it. I take 10mg once a day and haven't had a heart palpitation since. Some days I feel I "need" more but I don't take more than one. If I can get over the fact that I am addicted to it, then it is the best thing going for anxiety/panic attacks.

smiles | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
4/4/2011
Condition: Anxious

I have alway been a nerves person and I have suffered several yrs. of drinking, to help me calm myself and to beable to stand the stress i had in my life until i was put on this medication, it has saved my life i take 30mg twice a day and now liveing a 5yr sober and calming life style.