I took 80mg Lipitor once a day for 6 months and then the doctor reduced it to 40mg. At around 4 month into taking Lipitor muscle pain developed in my calves. It is difficult to go down stairs, and my calves ache most of the time. A month ago, started taking 300mg CoQ10 daily (after reading that it is a good supplement for people to take who experience muscle pain from statin drugs) and the musc...

My wife took atorvastatin for two years, and stopped about two months ago due to muscle pain in her knees. Perhaps coincidentally, she had developed an increasing sensitivity to gluten which gave her consistent stomach problems whenever she ate a gluten-containing product. Since she stopped taking the atorvastatin (with no other changes to her medicines or diet), she can now eat gluten. This chang...

Mart | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
4/22/2021
Condition: High Cholesterol

I’m 30 been on this stuff a year I’m probably not got long left already have the heart of a 60 year old smoker lol

Peter Z | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/3/2021
Condition: High Cholesterol

Very High LDL and HDL(good). Dr. prescribed 40 mg every day. No side effects so far after 1 month. Have changed my diet to a plan based whole food to see if this can work instead of Rx. Still some cream in my coffee but no other dairy. Hoping to heal my body naturally and get off this Rx.

Dianar | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/29/2020
Condition: High Cholesterol

Well, it did lower my cholesterol, but within a couple of weeks of starting it I began seeing hair all over my pillow in the AM. Now I have a crappy bald hairline and thinning hair. Within a couple of weeks of discontinuing it my hair seems to have stopped falling out. The best I can determine is that it MAY start growing back within 6 months and that it MAY come back on its own. How nice! Sorry, NO ONE will ever talk me into taking statins again. I am a 72 yo female with NO family history of stroke or heart attack. I will take my chances in the future. Throw this garbage out!!

Mar | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/20/2020
Condition: Treatment to Prevent a Heart Attack

I'm on 20mg QD and since I began taking this, I have had joint pain every day. I couldn't figure out why it started (especially during summer months). Never had joint pain before. Also, I wake up to leg cramps almost every other night. Insomnia real bad. My doctor put me on it for prevention of heart attack or stroke. I don't like to the side effects. I have been losing weight (not from the meds) I started Keto way before this medication. So, I do excercise regularly. This stuff is not good will ask for lower dose, or get off completely. It's not worth the joint pain, from a scale 1-10 joint pain is an "8".

Hay-Field | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
2/26/2020

My doctor doesn't like the ratio between my HDL and LDL. Even though my overall cholesteral is not high, the LDL level is. I've had no issues with this drug and have been taking it for many years