works for migraines, but i have extreme pain in my feet which goes away after a bit, but i can barely walk while drug is in my system

After having taken Maxalt 10mg for over 8 years, my insurance company decided that I should start taking a generic. The patient info sheet listed a lot of ingredients that I do not eat or am not normally exposed to. I had no choice but try the generic. I had a difficult time opening the wrapper with a migraine. Once open the pill did not immediately dissolve. I had to take a teaspoon of water in m...

Effective | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
6/16/2021
Condition: Migraine Headache

It is really difficult for me to open the package when I have migraine, I don't the like the fact that I have to let it disintegrate in my tongue, and I don't like the flavor. But thankfully takes the pain away in about 15 to 30 minutes. I have to take this medication due to hormonal migraine.

Sherrylynn | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/23/2021
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have taken this medicine for 3 weeks, I have had botox, I have had a lumbar puncture, and next I am going to see an Ophthalmologist, He is going to check and see how much pressure I have behind my eyes. At 1st they thought I had a smalle stroke, then they said I had matter on the brain. Now I have 3 different kinds of migraines. I want to say thank you to the people who said that you let it dissolve in your mouth I have been swallowing it maybe that's why hasn't done any good. I just now let it dissolve on my tongue. I will let you know how that works. ?? Read More Read Less

Iris2014 | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/18/2019
Condition: Migraine Headache

This medication sucks. It did nothing for me. It was like taking air. Made me tired though. And I was so looking forward to a medication that would take away my migraine pain. Not happy!

lize | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
4/7/2018
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have had migraine since I was a child and nothing worked although over the years I reduced the frquency by changes to diet and lifestyle. Migraine ruined my life! About 10 years ago read about triptans and asked my doctor to prescribe Maxalt and it worked! I take one and 20 minutes later I feel better! Its best to rest for a while as one can feel a bit lightheaded/tired but its part of the recovery from migraine. They work best if taken very early on in my case when I start getting a pain in a certain part of my left head, sometimes I have found that a 5mg dose is enough. They wont work if you are at the vomtting stage which has only happened to me once. Some forms of rizatriptan are not so good as they contain aspartame which may be a trigger for migraine in some people and peppermint flavouring.I was given these by the chemist one time as my prescription just said rizatriptan so now I get the doc to specify Maxalt tablets which have no flavourings. so check the ingredients before getting a prescription as Maxalt may not be available everywhere but there will be similar products.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/5/2018
Condition: Migraine Headache

It takes 1 hour to work and doesn't completely relieve the symptoms. I still have mild pain in the head and neck. I get very lethargic afterwards and have to lie down. I do occasionally have rebound headaches. I have an appointment scheduled with my Neurologist to discuss the above.

Smack | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/31/2018
Condition: Migraine Headache

After taking one pill it takes an hour to an hour and a half to work. They help me a lot but do not work for my daughter. Everyone is different. Definitely worth trying.

Anita | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/13/2017
Condition: Migraine Headache

This definitely works, however they are still expensive in Australia so tend to take them if Nurofen/panadol isn't working. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders and take them at work with only slight drowsiness, not enough to stop me working or driving.

Anonymous | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/16/2017
Condition: Migraine Headache

I've had migraines since I was 9 and been on many different medicine. I use to get them every day and nothing would help. I even tried taking two 375 mg pill and no satisfaction. Since I been taking this I have been getting fewer headaches then before.

Anonymous | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/11/2017
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have had migraines my entire life and before this I was put on Imitrex and it didn't do anything. I was sad to find out that my migraines don't completely go away when I take it. I've taken two before to see if that would help, but it doesn't. It does partially lessen it, but all of the other symptoms of a migraine are still there and it still hurts enough that I can't really function throughout the day. I'll try using it with something else like advil since I haven't tried that yet but as an over-all product on its own it hasn't worked for me, especially because my migraines can go on for days and this won't help for a migraine going on for hours, let alone days.Read More Read Less

123etres | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
11/4/2016
Condition: Migraine Headache

This really works. I rarely have to take two of the 10mg. Had migraines all my life. Better than taking ibuprofen, naproxen, or Tylenol, Excedrin constantly without results. One dose does it. No drowsiness for me. I can take at work.

vabeach01 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
9/16/2016
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have had migraines since I was 13 and have tried quite a few meds. This is better for me than Imitrex, which does very little. Like all of these meds, I have to take them as soon as I notice the very first sign of an aura. One dose does very little, so don't expect one pill to work the magic. Someone else mentioned tingling - it is true, this medicine makes the tingling/numbness in my hands and face worse. Great at controlling the vomiting, although you are still going to feel woozy. I also take Advil with this medicine. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 35-44 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
9/15/2016
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have been talking Maxalt for years and recently switched over to Rizatriptan. It works pretty well, I do feel like it takes a little bit longer to kick in. For the bad migraines I also take a Naproxen with it and that helps a lot. I overall tolerate medicine very well, so I have not had any side effects. I do sometimes have a "high" after taking this medication but it's hard to tell if the "high" is from the meds or that my body is so happy to not be in pain anymore. Overall I like it and find it very effective. Read More Read Less

JU123 | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/29/2016
Condition: Migraine Headache

this worked great for my migraines, one pill does it all HOWEVER, I now have tingling in my toes and front part of both feet all the time. was originally only when I took the drug but have been off it for months and has not changed condition. so, if you get this side effect while on it, don't listen to your doctor - get on something else. they are still trying to determine if its permanent nerve damage or not!!!

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/10/2016
Condition: Migraine Headache

It doesnt do anything for my migraines and it makes me want to throw up.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
5/27/2016
Condition: Migraine Headache

The medicine only lasts 12 hours at most, then another pill is required.

bds | 75 or over | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
4/27/2016
Condition: Migraine Headache

Just like Laura (below), generic rizatriptan does nothing for my migraines and it's a challenge (putting it mildly) to open the individual packages w/o scissors. I tried it soon after it became available as an alternative to Maxalt, but I now use only Maxalt. It works, but not as fast or effective as zolmitriptan (generic Zomig).

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/8/2016
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have taken maxalt for years and it works very well. I have been disappointed with rizatriptan. It doesn't seem to work as well for me. I'll be asking my dr to go back to maxalt.

Om | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
1/11/2016
Condition: Migraine Headache

This tablet works for me in just over an hour. If not taken, the migraine becomes severe.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/7/2015
Condition: Migraine Headache

My migraine was worse. I felt nauseous . Knocked me out. Felt a little better when i woke up but not much and I think it was just because I rested. Not worth it for me. Not taking this again.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/20/2015
Condition: Migraine Headache

Works great at defeating migraines, but the migraine will return in a week or two, so I now get more migraines per month than before. Medication makes me extremely drowsy & out-of-it...ok if you don't have to do anything or go anywhere. Serious side-effect was drug-induced hepatitis. My liver swelled up to twice the normal size and the liver doc ruled out all other causes. To be on the safe-side, get blood work done regularly to make sure all is well so as to avoid permanent liver damage.