Finally a drug that gives relief from my migraines. Although I had to increase the dose to 10 mg, it works every time. Only rarely do I need to take a second pill after 2 hours. My migraines are 3-day affairs, so you can imagine the great relief - I have my life back!

Bad side effects. Dizziness; depression the next day; airy feeling in head; tired.

Sian | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/8/2020
Condition: Migraine Headache

Worked within 40mins for migraine from first thing in morning til 4pm. But had to stop taking after a year of use as I developed vertigo symptoms, where the room would spin continuously, which was worse than migraine. Stopped using and the spinning went away.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
7/31/2020
Condition: Migraine Headache

Maxalt was a game-changer for me. I didn't think it would be as effective as it was, but it kills the migraine pain in 30-60 minutes about 90% of the time with just one dose. I've only ever had to take 2 doses twice, and those migraines were easily the worst I've ever had, and Maxalt greatly reduced the migraine pain in those 2 situations. I still get the "migraine hangover" after my migraine has subsided, but the effects are much less debilitating and I'm not completely exhausted or sensitive to sound/light.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/5/2020
Condition: Migraine Headache

Apart from feeling a little washed out this medication is a life saver. After 42years of no relief I'm a believer.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/1/2019
Condition: Migraine Headache

Miracle drug. 15-20 minutes and it’s gone.

Proud momma | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Caregiver
11/19/2018
Condition: Migraine Headache

My daughter,(whom is 14)was prescribed this after trying about 15 other different meds. Nothing has worked for her so far and her neurologist is lost on what to try next. We are scheduled for a botox session and hopefully that will give her some relief. She has a continuous headache that never goes away but some days she has a migrane and even after 2 doses of this med. she got no relief. She was 1 of the lucky ones that had no side effects.

Anne | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/7/2018
Condition: Migraine Headache

This medication prevented my migraines. One side effect that was not mentioned to me was the possibility of hair loss. My hair would come out in clumps!

kitty | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/5/2017
Condition: Migraine Headache

I call this my "miracle drug." This medication works within fifteen to twenty minutes for me and enables me to go on with my everyday tasks without feeling any side effects, whereas before I would have to lie down and waste the day...

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/11/2016
Condition: Migraine Headache

Always relieves my migraine headaches within 30 minutes. I usually use this as a last resort as it makes me feel lethargic and weak, but definitely worth the relief it always gives! Never mix this with caffeine, I did once and my heart was racing.

RockyG | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/13/2016
Condition: Migraine Headache

I suffered from migraine headaches for many years. I had to lay in a dark room use ice packs and hopefully fall asleep. I lost work time and personal time because when I got the migraine I could do nothing. I finally was prescribed Maxalt and it was a Godsend to me. Almost all migraines went away within 30 minutes. It was wonderful. I had no side effects. Finally in my 50's I somehow "grew" out of migraines, or was granted a miracle. Now, I'm 70, migraine free, but still have regular headaches pretty frequently, which usually go away with regular headache medicine. Unfortunately my 3 adult children all suffer from migraines.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
8/19/2015
Condition: Migraine Headache

I had previously tried so many migraine medications, but this one was so easy to use (under my tongue) and worked within 10-12 minuets. LIFE SAVER!

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
8/13/2015
Condition: Migraine Headache

While this medication works wonders for vicious migraines, I experienced the "boomerang effect". I would get the migraines once a month (hormone-induced), and boy were they nasty. I would get the halo warnings & 24 hrs later...bam! Down for the count with a debilitating migraine. At first I did not know what a "migraine" was, but upon diagnosing it, I was introduced to this new wonder drug. It did take away the pain quickly. However, it also made me quite goofy & unable to drive or walk, so I spent time bed-ridden anyway, just with no pain. On to the "boomerang effect"...the pain was "curtailed", only to return in 2 weeks. So, instead of monthly migraines, I was now getting bi-weekly migraines. Other side-effect, and a severe one, was that my liver swelled up & sloshed around as I walked...it was huge! I was taking no other meds, nor was I drinking (alcohol only makes migraines worse). My liver enzymes went through the roof, & I was only taking 2 doses/month. After stopping the drug, my liver size went back to normal, but the damage was done. I have residual elevated liver enzymes plus abnormal ultrasounds. All other liver damage sources were ruled out. I prefer migraines over liver disease so my advice is to use this drug with caution & have your liver enzymes monitored. Interestingly, after stopping the drug cold turkey due to the huge liver thing, my migraines went away after a couple of months of enduring the boomerang effect.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/3/2015

Doesn't always work

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/20/2014
Condition: Migraine Headache

After trying several medications for migraines that either did not work or had horrible side effects, Maxalt completely relieved my massive migraine headache within 30 min of taking it, with zero side effects. I have only taken it once so far, so i cannot speak to it's effectiveness over repeated uses for migraines over time, but I was very satisfied with the first time

Malini Rao | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/27/2014
Condition: Migraine Headache

I was diagnosed with migraine headaches about 18 years ago. They were extremely bad and I had to usually be hospitalized. The migraines then started to get more frequent and I would also suffer from rebound headaches from the medicine I was taking. My doc then prescribed Triptans to me. I started with Imitrex and then tried a whole bunch of different ones, before I landed at Maxalt (Rizatriptan benzoate). It changed my life. I used to (and still do) take Maxalt 10mg along with a painkiller and its worked 95% of the time. I have been taking it for about 15 years or such. Another one that works well to is almotriptan. But both the orally dissolved one and the regular one work wonders with minimal side effects (thirst and drowsiness) . Only problem is that you get a limited number per month through insurance, so you have to really use carefully because they are expensive.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/23/2014
Condition: Migraine Headache

I've taken this med about 5 times and I must say I'm VERY impressed so far. I take half of a 10 mg pill and within 1-2 hours the headaches have totally disappeared. I've had no side effects either. I'm so thrilled and hopeful this continues to work for me.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/25/2014
casdp1975 | 65-74 | Female | Patient
4/9/2014
Condition: Migraine Headache

some headaches take more than one dose, but overall this medication has worked very well.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/26/2014
Condition: Migraine Headache

Best migraine product I've taken..acts quickly and have had no side effects

rosesmommy01 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/24/2014
Condition: Migraine Headache

The medicine is easy to take but I have experienced neck and jaw tightness and dizziness to the point I have to lay down, after about 30 minutes I get very sick to my stomache. It is very effective at controlling the migraine but the side effects are in some aspects worse than the headache itself.

j$ | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/20/2014
Condition: Migraine Headache

If taken at onset of headache it is very effective and I can return to a normal routine.