I am writing this letter to express my sincere gratitude for this medication - it has changed my life. I recently began lamictal in treatment of bipolar disorder. I had been on SSRI antidepressants since around the age of 20. I thought they were working, but yet, I was still extremely depressed, anxious, and unpredictable in my behaviors. I cried all the time, became angry frequently, and felt...

After reading over 200 reviews I have decided not to take this medication. This cite has been so helpful and I just wanted to thank everyone for their input and reviews.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/16/2021
Condition: Bipolar Depression

I'm 41 and was diagnosed 2 yrs ago with bipolar 2. I've been on a few dif meds for it. Lamictal at 25mg made me feel great. But once I was uped to 50mg I started having bad headaches and jaw pain. I wonder if this will go away.

Dan | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/17/2021

I was placed on a lower does of lamictal by a psychiatrist. I had suicidal thoughts, and acted on them during a serious bout of depression caused by infidelity in my marriage. I did not pull the trigger that night. The psychiatrist treated me with this medication and it was helpful at first... but then basically did nothing. I had zero side effects and was on a moderate dosage. I've since been diagnosed with anxiety related issues and am still struggling to the detriment of my family, especially. Lamictal did not take me out of my depression, i'm still having suicidal thoughts, and my anxiety is through the friggin' roof. From what I've read in these reviews it was a bad diagnosis. I shouldnt be treated with lamictal. That being said, beware the world of psychiatry. For the amount of money I've paid these people, this particular diagnosis and prescription was totally wrong. Lamictal did NOT work for me.

keesl | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/5/2021
Condition: Rapid Cycle Manic-Depression

Very good at treating my bipolar disorder. I’ve tried other meds and they either didn’t do anything or set off my mania. This has been extremely effective at keeping me more stable and has helped me to get my life back on track

Jay | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/10/2021

***Warning*** Avoid, Dangerous, Toxic, Run Forest! Total Health Hazard.....??

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/26/2020
Condition: Bipolar Depression

I was prescribed Lamictal for anxiety and bipolar II. My doctor started me on 25mg for two weeks, with the plan to continue to titrate up. After a week and a half, I had to stop taking it. It helped greatly with my anxiety but I became incredibly depressed and had recurring suicidal thoughts which I maybe only ever had once before Lamictal. I was so scared of how I felt just on 25mg that I messaged my doctor in a panic before starting the 50mg as I was so worried about what it would do to me.