Start using this med valsartan 160 mg/Hctz 12.5 for about a mo. now.The side effects are unbearable. chest pain,dizziness,shortness of breath , legs/arms pain,blurry vision (intermittent) cough, sore throat(severe/constant),bloody nose,weakness and flu symptoms. But I'm trying to stick to it in hope that my body will adjust.why? works so well, bring BP down to 123/63 from 170/95 .If it doesn't w...

I have H.B. preshure but not as high until I started using this new med Valsartan. yes I had a spike of 160/94 - 47 after missing a dose (one a day of 160 mg).

Milk Carton | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/28/2021
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I went in to the doctor for the first time in over 20 years for a physical. Instantly after checking my blood pressure they put me on an EKG. 165/95. Heart checked out. Matter of fact all of my blood tests came back higher than average. They prescribed Valsartan. Within a week of taking it it changed my life. Sleep through the night, stopped snoring and my stress levels are 50% of what they used to be. I realized after taking this drug, i had been sick for several years and did not even know it. I have not had any side effects that I am aware of beside benefits. Read More Read Less

ShipMate | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/25/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

After taking two months of this drug, I begain having pain on the left side of my body. Before taking the next next pill, my heart gave me a hard shock and I lost my breath. Then I could not move and I was paralyzed. After ten minutes or so I was able to move. Sort help and was told to discontinue this medication.

BJD | 55-64 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
12/9/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

doc first put me on Hawthorne and beet root powder which helped some but BP numbers were still too high most of the time. He then put me on Lisinopril which caused chronic low level coughing. He switched me to Valsartin and so far after 6 months now no problems and no coughing. IMO valsartin is a great drug. I wish the beet root and Hawthorne would have worked as i would rather not be on a drug but as far as drugs go Valsartin works for me with no bad side effects as far as I can tell. Gets my bp down to about 130 over 78 to 85 .No matter what the 120/80 seems out of reach for me so doc says as long as i am no more than 130/85 call it good.Read More Read Less

julhers598 | 65-74 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
9/21/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

After taking this medication for a while, I developed no control over my bladder or bowels. I had to get up at least 10 times per night. I have been off of it for a couple months now and still having the same effects although less often. I do not recommend it.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/4/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Generally good outcomes although I am concerned about weight gain.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/8/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

put on this medication for high blood pressure..did not work at all...pressure remained the same after one week! and no none told me about the recall..time to get a new physician...

Realdeal55 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
9/8/2018
BOOPS22 | 75 or over | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/17/2018
Condition: High Blood Pressure

DID NOT CONTROL MY BLOOD PRESSURE AT ALL---MADE IT ERRATIC.

baen2t | 75 or over | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/12/2018
Condition: High Blood Pressure

78 yr old female with stubborn BP. Drug very effective reducing BP but experiencing back pain daily. I will get off of it when good replacement can b found.

Jeydsyaiysi | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/7/2018
Condition: High Blood Pressure

After taking valssrtan I felt like I was expanding. Gained 10lbs in 2 weeks, and had extreme headaches and swollen fingers, I stopped cold turkey and contacted my dr.i also would feel short of breath and my arms and hips felt weak.

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year |
4/17/2018
Condition: Heart Failure
Dave | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
4/6/2018
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Dangerous drug, do not use. After 6 months ended up in hospital with permanent kidney damage (stage 3), almost killed me. Two weeks prior, my family doctor was concerned that I was showing signs of Parkinson Disease (symptoms disappeared soon after getting off Valsartan). My healthy, active father-in-law (89) was on Valsartan from August to January. He was hopitalized in January with kidney failure, he is now dialysis, and the prognosis for survival is not good. This drug is dangerous, do not take it, it will lead to your death.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/3/2018
terryzx | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
11/29/2017
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Keeps my BP down in the 70/120 range. No bad side effects. Taking the 160 mg for about a year and very satisfied with it.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient

Condition: Kidney Disease from Diabetes
BP not well | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
10/12/2017
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I was put on Valsartan at 80 mg/day at first, wasn't effective so DR. increased to 160 then 320. Even with the increase cannot regulate BP, dizzy when standing and have gained a severe amount of water weight and puffy face. Lately have been feeling weak and like my body is vibrating.

thompson | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
9/4/2017
Condition: High Blood Pressure

94yo father on this for over a year. Extreme dizziness but was not offered a solution by Dr. Eventually ended up in ER with very high potassium and kidney damage. If this had been addressed earlier, ???

SocalTina | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/1/2017
Condition: High Blood Pressure

After taking this medication I started feeling terrible without correlating it to this. I started having numbness/tingling in my arms and legs and overall joint/muscle pain/aches. My vision gets blurry and I've noticed I've had a hard time speaking clearly (almost like I'm drunk). I'm tired all the time and I wake up with huge bags under my eyes. I've also been retaining water like crazy....my feet were really swollen the other day and they hurt. My doctor was trying to help me save money but it's not worth feeling like crap every day. After reading other people's reviews I no longer think I'm crazy.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/17/2017
Condition: High Blood Pressure

took this drug for about 1 month. Yes, it lowered my BP, but gave me pains in my calves like I pulled a muscle. Got so bad I could barely walk. Stopped taking this drug and problems with calves went away.