Have injection every 28days ...very good so far. Have notice my blood glucose level falls - symptoms feel shaky . Not to often . I check my own sugar levels now ,just to see what is happening to my blood. Also good for your consultant to see the trend ,pattern to what is happening over the course of your treatment.

i go from 1 bout to four bouts of diareah a day, mostly 3 to 4.

Grandmaboop | 55-64 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
4/9/2018
Condition: Carcinoid Crisis

I have metastasis bone carcinoid tumors from the endocrin system after removal of my left lung lobe 12 years ago. The first 5 months were showing dramatic decrease in cancer activity and then my liver ALT:AST levels shot up. Found I had sludging then a stone in my bile duct which now has to be removed. Back on it as the one month I stopped the cancer activity was shooting upwards. Appetite decrease and my sugar is going up. Was not diabetic 8 months ago now my glucose is ~125. Tumor in spine causing pain so now doing radiation too. Overall it does a good job holding tumor growth but these side effects are adding up. Iâ??m being monitored closely and since there are no other good options Iâ??m learning how to live with the side effects

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/13/2017
Condition: Carcinoid Syndrome

After diagnosis and beginning injections I remained stable for over for years, and I believe the sandostatin was largely responsible. Recently there was some disease progression so I had chemo-embolization procedure which shrunk the largest tumors (liver). that brought all my liver enzymes back to normal and chromogranin and 5-HIAA to their lowest levels since they started measuring them.

jhgjj | 13-18 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/24/2015
Condition: Chylothorax
armygramma | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
4/11/2015
Condition: Carcinoid Syndrome

Oncologist began my injections 18 month ago for carcinoid tumors in my liver and spleen. I do not have carcinoid syndrome. So far tumors are stable.

Pinecrest | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/5/2014

does not seem to be compatible with warfarin