I WAS USING THIS SLEEP MED IN THE LATE 1960s AFTER BEING SEVERELY BURNT (2nd AND 3rd DEGREE). IT WAS THE ONLY TO HELP ME SLEEP THEN AND I HAVE BEEN ON IT FOR 9 YEARS SINCE HEART SURGERY IN THE YEAR 2000. IT STILL WORKS GREAT AND NO FEELING TO TAKE MORE THAN I STARTED WITH.

Harold | 35-44 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
7/14/2018
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I have treatment resistant insomnia and have attended many sleep clinics and studies that provided all the benefits of a firm punch to the face. My new physician recommended Seconal to me as he said it has provided great results with his treatment resistant patients. Boy was he right, never had heard of Seconal before, but I now have gotten 8 hours of consistent sleep for the last 5 years. I take 200mg and have never felt the need to increase dosage as it has remained effective at this dosage. You do need at least a 2 hour empty stomach for full hypnotic effects though.Read More Read Less

Dementia, wait what was i doing? | 75 or over | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/12/2017

Didn't use the drug just looked it up to see what it was about. Im very satisfied with my results. Quite the fasinating drug!

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/6/2013

I was given Seconal for a couple of nights when I was pregnant with my daughter. I went into premature labor due to severe stress, and my OB gave it to me to calm me down (and knock me out). I slept so soundly those 2 nights, and calming my nerves helped stop my contractions.

Eats hit | 7-12 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/28/2012

Heavy

pepin | 75 or over | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
3/18/2012
Condition: Severe Anxiety

My patient sometimes feels very drowzy

Wilhelmina Swift | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
2/18/2012
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I have used it about 20 yers ago, so there for it is hard for me to remeber,but it it seemed as it help me w/ my sleeping problem.2-12 Thank you. Wilhemina Swift

squiggles | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
9/14/2011
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

i live in northern california and cannot find a doctor to help me with my 20+ years of insomnia.i take 60mgs of restoril a night even tho the highest dose is supposed to be 30mg , but even the 60 doesn't work anymore.i have tried ambien and it is the worst sleep aid ever , more like a bad trip than a good night's sleep . i sleep maybe 3 hours a night and am desperate to find a doctor willing to at least try me on secobarbital.all the reviews on this site have been favourable and i believe it would help me .any suggestions or doctors listening out there?and i am not soliciting , i am merely begging for help or advice . i need sleep . thanx .Read More Read Less

[email protected] | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/6/2011
Condition: Severe Anxiety

This medicine used right helps anxiety greatly.

Seconal | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
12/5/2010

Terrific

[email protected] | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
10/15/2010
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

This medication has worked the best for me. Sleep & anxiety, panic attacks.

BUZMAN812 | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
6/2/2009

Seconal X | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/25/2009
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

This is the best sleep aid of all time! Secobarbital is a "retro" drug that's been around since the 1940's. It's rarly scripted these days because it has a long history of addiction and overdose, but if used correctly Seconal is safe. I'm really lucky to get this med and it works wonders at putting me asleep. I take it at least 5 hours after eating so it will work better and faster. The only downside is that it can make you sleepy during the day and sometimes made my speach slurry.

tim | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
12/4/2008

it is only made by one manufatuer and has been off the market for six months. marathon pharma owns the rights now, and keep pusshing back the release date.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/13/2008
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Best sleep aid ever . . . forget Ambien.

nacevre | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/2/2008
Condition: Severe Anxiety

relax , accurate aand no side effect

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient