My drs and I kept trying to solve my severe low energy and all over muscle pains. These were constant, over and above upo and down anemia, and pain killers/exercises for stenosis and related lower back disease. Also different from the sedative effect of my anti-depressant. Tested ok on thyroid. Tested for Vitamin D and forget exact number, but I was severely low. Have been on 50k units of erg...

Dr. ordered blood test. Severely low Vit D Levels. Prescribed 50,000 units twice a week for 2 months. Just took 2nd dose after a week since the first dose caused me nausea and severe muscle pain. I was diagnosed with the flu so maybe that was it and not the effect of the pill. Trying it again to see what if any affect it has on me. Will report back in.

Debra | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/12/2021
Condition: Prevention of Vitamin D Deficiency

I started taking this medication for Vitamin D deficiency. By the second week I experienced excruciating lower back pain and severe muscle spasms. Iâ??ve been confined to my bed/couch for the past 5 days, taking muscle relaxers and pain pills. Only until I read the reviews here and saw others experiencing lower back pain did I realize itâ??s the massive amount of Vitamin D (50,000/week) I was taking! Iâ??m trashing this drug and heading outside to get some sun!!!

dr. h | 75 or over | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/17/2019
Condition: Osteoporosis

Note that D2 and D3 are NOT the same and have different uses. High levels of D2 (50,000) are tolerated and are used to increase calcium intake by bones. D3, often used for psoriasis should be a lower dose. D3 also produced by sunlight, approx. 10,000 iu with 10min of half body sun. Dr. H. physiologist.

50s male | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months |
4/14/2019
Condition: Vitamin D Deficiency

Why are doctors prescribing D2? I read from several sources that D3 is more easily absorbed and more effective, and it's easy and inexpensive to buy anywhere. I will be taking D3 supplements and see if it is better.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/8/2018
Condition: Vitamin D Deficiency

Hi again, it's me lol. I posted early this morning and have another update. Day 2. Just had another massive explosive diarrhea episode. It was grand. It happened after I drank some iced coffee. Again, I'm not prone to blowing up the toilet but there it is. No other changes to report. Just bought some B12 1000 mg which was also recommended by my doc yesterday. Gonna pop one after I eat. Y'all pray for me, I don't want to have this sour feeling in my stomach and raavaging the john. I hope this is just a temporary setback on the road to health. I'll be back with more updates. Toodaloo.

Anonymous | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/8/2018
Condition: Vitamin D Deficiency

Went for my follow up visit yesterday and was told my Vitamin D level was tested at 7 -- which the doc said was SUPER low. Was prescribed Vit D2 1.25 mg (50,000 unit) to be taken once a week for 3 months. I took my first dose 4 hours ago at 12:47am and just woke up to go to the bathroom and had explosive diarrhea. I seldom get explosive diarrhea. Lol I couldn't believe I didn't blow up the toilet LMAO. Anyway, just thought I'd leave a review. Found this site right before taking my first dose a few hours ago and read all the comments. I don't ever write reviews but I thought it might be helpful to keep a journal of this 3 month journey back to Vitamin D health. No signs of naseau, nothing else to mention other than my bowels feel really cleaned out now hahaha. Good luck to everyone's health. You got this.