There is a trick to taking this medication that will make it much easier to swallow. First, it needs to be cold. Second, put a straw in it and place the straw towards the back of your tongue. Third, clamp down on the straw as you suck the medication. Finally, keep swallowing until it is gone. I hardly tasted it until I opened my mouth after it was finished. Remember....don't stop until it is...

This is the most difficult stuff to swallow. It took me over two hours to actually drink a 450 mL bottle. It burns the back of the throat and I felt as though I'd vomit every time I tasted it. BLEH!

SillySaraBean | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/15/2021
Condition: X-Rays Done for Diagnostic Purposes

Had this done due to a swallowing issue, they didn’t warn me about the constipation. So I didn’t drink any water afterwards. Worse pain of my life I was backed up for nearly two weeks, the cramping kicks in hours later after the test and it was so bad. The test was difficult too, swallowing that thick chalky liquid over and over again wasn’t easy. I would not do this test again unless I absolutely had not choice but too. If you have no other options please drink plenty of water and some apple juice you do not want this stuff in your colon for too long it will hurt..Read More Read Less

Farmer6085 | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/13/2018
Condition: Process of Making X-Rays of Stomach or Intestines

Berry smoothie flavor. Tastes like berry flavored chalk. Put it in the refrigerator and chugged it (both bottles based on directions). Worked better for me as I was only at the hospital for 25 minutes. If I did not use this product at home, would have had to stay in tr he hospital for the other oral contrast to have at least 1.5 hours before the scan. I did have diarrhea and gas for several hours after the first bottle and for most of the day.

Jare | 65-74 | Female | Patient
6/17/2018

I read all of the reviews and no one seems to have experienced the problem that I’m having for as long as I am experiencing it. Had to drink 3 bottles (20 mins each). Nasty but got it down. Was fine leaving but could tell I was going to have to go to the bathroom’ but wanted to get home. Just made it. Had diarrhea that day and the morning of the next day. Also had vomiting that day. And gas and stomach pain omg I still gas up. I’m afraid to eat, but I do. I have to. That was on Wednesday morning. It is now Saturday night. I have never felt so sick in my entire life. Today is the first day I’ve felt like myself. There has to be a better way. I never want to experience this again.Read More Read Less

MThomas | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/28/2017
Condition: Process of Making X-Rays of Stomach or Intestines

I had no problem drinking this, I got the Berry flavor, it was gross, but tolerable. What was not tolerable was the horrible gas afterward, for hours. I hadn't eaten since the night before the CT scan, so I was starving, but could not eat after the scan because of gas/stomach pain. There has got to be an easier way.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/5/2016
Condition: Process of Making X-Rays of Stomach or Intestines

I had to drink 3 bottles of the Barium Sulfate for an MRI of my abdomen and pelvis. This stuff was AWFUL. My test was supposed to take 20 minutes, and it ended up taking over an hour because the drink absolutely ripped apart my stomach. I had to press the button to have them remove me from the test several times because I needed to use the bathroom. I went at least 5 times during the test and then it continued for a while after I got home. I wonder why they give this to people who they already know have an existing stomach issue? I was so embarrassed that my test took so long and for the obvious reasons of constantly having to run to the bathroom. As an IBS sufferer, I can sometimes talk myself out of it, but this was just a whole new level of brutal.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/4/2015
Condition: Process of Making X-Rays of Stomach or Intestines

I suffered bloating and stomach pain hours after drinking it.

don544 | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/22/2015
Condition: Process of Making X-Rays of Stomach or Intestines

No worse than a lot of other medicines I have tasted.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/1/2015
Condition: Process of Making X-Rays of Stomach or Intestines

horrible,nasty stuff. tried getting it down with a straw but still bad.told the nurse I preferred the dye thru the bloodstream but she made me drink this stuff. after the 2nd glass I tossed out the third. the nausea was overwhelming. they were checking my appendix. by the time I drank this horrible stuff my appendix ruptured! Never,never again!!

Jbdabar | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/18/2014
Condition: Process of Making X-Rays of Stomach or Intestines

Not bad get the Banana Smoothie put in the refrigerator until it's cold. Taste like a banana Smoothie

megdef | 75 or over | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/5/2014
angnaples | 45-54 | Female | Patient
12/2/2013
Condition: Process of Making X-Rays of Stomach or Intestines

I had the mocha flavor, not bad at all. I had major gas, bloating and diarrhea the rest of the day and into the following morning, yuck!

Anna | 13-18 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/27/2013
Condition: Process of Making X-Rays of Stomach or Intestines

It was very hard for me to swallow. It made ,e want to gag the entire time.

Boxcar | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/27/2013
Condition: Process of Making X-Rays of Stomach or Intestines

In an hour after taking Barium Sulfate my pulse rose to 110. Afib followed for 8 hours.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/26/2013
Condition: Process of Making X-Rays of Stomach or Intestines

Could not swallow; stomach upset; diarrea

john | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/23/2013
Condition: Process of Making X-Rays of Stomach or Intestines

The treatment was good, but the discharge was a little difficult the next day..

Blowing | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/29/2012

OMG!! No one ever told me about the horrible gas that follows from drinking this stuff! I hope my tests come back better than my gas came out. I hope they can come up with a better formula that doesn't have such an explosive affect. I now need a hemoriodectomy!

gonzo | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/11/2011
Condition: Process of Making X-Rays of Stomach or Intestines

I found that if you cool this medication and drink it with a straw it worked just fine. I had Redi-Cat 2 liquid and was called a Berry Smoothie. I took one 450 mil bottle the night bfore my test, them 1/2 bottle one hour before my test an then finished the rest of the second bottle just before I started my cat scan. No problem with loose stools or vomiting. I would take this liquid again if I had do do it over in the future.

Indy Lady | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/11/2011

Just took the first bottle. Got it down in less than 2 minutes. The bottle did not indicate a flavor but it had a faint orange taste. Not really very bad but it made my throat burn somewhat. Take another bottle in the morning. I just made up my mind that no matter what the taste to just swig it down. Apparently I had a better experience than other people.

yoyoma | 25-34 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/23/2011

I had to drink two bottles of Redicat berry smoothie before my CT scan. It was hard to drink, felt like i was going to vomit. My stomach was all messed up bad afterwards, and ive had chronic diarrahea that is still present 8 months later!! try and avoid this stuff

Yikes! | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month |
1/11/2011
Condition: Process of Making X-Rays of Stomach or Intestines

The secret to drinking it is having it very cold and drinking it with a straw clear back to your throat, and drink about 1/5 of the bottle at a time, resting a little in between ... I was told to drink it in 20 min. from start time. It wasn't too bad getting it down, I got through the scan all right, but then got a horrid headache, and the worst EXPLOSIVE diarhea you can imagine ... was miserable for the next 12 hours ... you would do well to wear Depends and take along an extra set of clothing!!!! I will NEVER drink this stuff again.Read More Read Less