had leg cramps - started taking med and they went away. Stopped med and they came back

have been given this med for leg cramps. i now have all the symptoms of malaria. chills like hypo thermia,sever sweating fever,eyes burning slight cough.symptoms started 3 days after taking meds . will try and hang in until tommorrow,to see doctor.

kilbylumber | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/14/2015

I am a type 1 diabetic and have suffered severe leg, chest, neck and back cramps since I was 6. I take diet Quine tonic water with splenda. I use to use Kroger brand, but it has aspertane. I drink it 50-50 with diet fruit punch drinks. I also take calcium with magniesium which helps alot too. Make sure you don't take too much potassium if you have kidney problems. THis is a life saver. Neck cramps feel like someone is choking you, and having upper leg cramps for 10-20 min can and will produce pain. Waist Watchers has the splenda tonic water and I find it at Ingles supermarkets.

marlle62 | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/15/2014

spastic leg movements and severe leg cramps. taking tonic water with low dose quinine has been effective in lessening the severity of my symptoms

SNOINPA | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
8/7/2014

I USED 12 GRAINS OF QUININE FROM 1955 TO ABOUT 1984 THEN I WAS FORSED TO USE 5 GRAIN UP TILL 1997, THEN I COULD NO LONGER GET QUININE. WHY BEATS ME I USED IT OR ALLEEGS, LEG CRAMPS, AND FLU BUG. PLEASE RESTORE QUININEWI NEVER HAD A SIDE EFFECT. NOW BEING INMY 70'S I WOULD USE IT IFI COULD GET IT.

Rusty | 75 or over | Female | Patient
7/18/2014

I use no pills,just Schweppes tonic water w/quinine in it, miraculous, NO MORE CRAMPS, half cup before bed. Good luck

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/24/2014

I do not use this on a regular basis but when a spasm comes on, i take a pill and it works!!