I was diagnosed with benign hand tremors by my neurologist. I was prescribed Primidone 50mg. This stuff is great, no more hand tremors and a return of strength to the effected hand. I was a little drowsy the first week of taking it, but when taken at bedtime, it can actually help you sleep. Now, I don't get the sleepy side effects, but my hand is tremor free. Even if I miss a dose, my hand im...

My daughter takes this drug for essential tremors. The tremors have helped minisculey but I don't like what it's doing to her face. She looks like a chipmunk. Her checks are so puffed out. I have to decide if the slight improvement is worth her looking like a freak

dt | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
2/1/2020
Condition: Essential Tremor

lowly worked up to 200 mil a day. tremors still there. waiting for dr appt to get go ahead to increase dosage. so far not satisfied.

Joan | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/12/2019
Condition: Essential Tremor

I have only been taking primidone for a few weeks. Propranolol,after many years stopped working for me. It also lowered my blood pressure I was instructed to take 50 mg at night, and the nest day I was shocked to see that I didn't spill the coffee. That wore off after a week or so and I am up to 100 mg now at night. Very active nightmares and some nausea but I was told the side effects would pass. Hope so. There is some hand shaking if I am anxious but so much better than at the end of propranolol

rskloanman | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/7/2019
Condition: Excessive Involuntary Trembling

The pills are easy to take. I am however experiencing some loss of concentration while on this medication.

Lorna | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/4/2018
Condition: Epileptic Seizure

Can't say it worked. Didn't last a week, serious depression. Needed to stay with friends for a few days. Have been on many antiepileptic drugs and this was the worst!

Dr_Dave | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
8/7/2017
Condition: Essential Tremor

I'm still not sure of my dosage. The tablets are small and round - not square like the ones pictured here. I take two every morning and two every evening.