I, was having painfull episodes of Gout my doctor found high uric acid levels in my urine and blood, you can expect your symptoms to get worse at first than start to fade, now I'M taking 1 a day with no more Gout attacks,and no side affects if you drink plenty of fluids.

Phease | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/2/2018
Condition: High Amount of Uric Acid in the Blood

I was experiencing frequent and increasing gout attacks before taking Probenecid. My doctor started me on 500MG 2x daily, and after a year of no gout attacks, lowered it to on 500MG tab/day. Really worked well for me and no observed side effects.

kat | 55-64 | Female | Caregiver
3/23/2017
Condition: Inflammation of the Joints due to Gout

My husband has taken this, in a combination pill with .06 colchicine in it for close to 2 decades. He tried allopurinol which made his gout a lot worse and did not work. He was on the allopurinol for months and it increased his frequency of attacks. Doctor put him on this and its been great. Only time he has an attack is when he forgets to take his pill a few days in a row otherwise works great.

Clay | 75 or over | Male | Patient
4/6/2012
Condition: Inflammation of the Joints due to Gout

Great treatment for gout as long as you adjust the dosage upward until no more attacks. I have used this for over 40 years.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/25/2012
Condition: High Amount of Uric Acid in the Blood
jim | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
10/28/2011
Condition: Inflammation of the Joints due to Gout

I have been taking probenecid w colchicine pill one a day for my gout flares. Works wonders to keep it under control. My doctor is telling me they are no longer making it? Needless to say I am very upset about it. I have no side effects from it and have been taking it for over 13 years, one pill a day. He did not offer any substitute and told me to go see a ruhmetologist.As long as I take it once a day I have no gout flares. Go figure.