I have severe Arthritis in my right hip and am scheduled for surgery soon. On a bad day I'll take a pill and the medication triggers exactly where the pain is. It can make you sleepy, so I take it at home.

retired | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
4/11/2014
Condition: Pain

Only use when needed, I only take it when I feel the need, Like walking a lot or when bending over often, Age 73. It helps me to get a full nights sleep. 650 MG, No side effects, next day I am able to carry on a pain free day or more.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
12/26/2011
Condition: Pain

works well with no adverse effects

Aarius | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
12/10/2011
Condition: Pain

Caucasian male, 64, retired law enforcement. Began Propoxyphene 65 mg by Rx in 1977. Med was determined my family MD, with my close consultation, for chronic pain. Of other choices, this Rx proved to be most effective and innocuous. Could not take any Rx that in any way impaired my function because of law enforcement job description. This Rx became a normal part of everyday life; I often forgot to take days Rx with me, no problems, ever. When FDA pulled it, my Primary Hlth Care Provider was concerned, I didn't know why. She suggested alternatives, like H-Codone and others. 4 the first time in 34 yrs I was confronted with facts I had not thought of. I was very surprised to hear FDA's reasoning. I have regular phys. exams. Private Pilot, heart strong as a horse. I took 6 - 65 mg capsules per day 24/7/365, never any probs, side effects, issues that affected job performance. Now 100% retired, and I take no Rx or other med, occasional OTC Excedrin. My Dr. expressed concerns about such a life-style change, refer'd to specialist who wrote SUBOXON to deal W/withdrawal. 3 days later I returned all but 2 SUBOXON, remaining Propox 2B destroyed, no withdrawal, no problems, just stopped. That was almost a year ago. The FDA, a perfect example of government intrusion, over regulation, ridiculous regs. NEEDS 2B COMPLETELY PHASED OUT - even so,the one thing the FDA ever did that made my life better was pulling Propoxyphene W/O notice or warning. NO RESEARCH, and I do a lot, has verified FDA's finding. I may be the exception and not the rule, in fact NEVER start or stop any med. W/O close professional medical supervision,this from someone who has seen what drugs can do - up close and personal and arrested people for illegal possession of cntrlld substances not much more that that which I was taking daily by legal Rx. THAT, made me think when FDA pulled it. I am fortunate. Please be careful about what U take,why,how much,and legally-it's amazing what just will power can do.

Anonymous | 75 or over | Female | Patient
2/17/2011
lulu | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
2/13/2011
Condition: Pain

I have taken this medicine for 22 years for back pain. I cannot take most all pain meds and this is the only one that i get any relief with.