I had tried everything that I could get my hands on and scrubbed my face 2-3 times a day and nothing would help. I finally broke down and called my Doctor and so glad I did. I have been taking this for a little over a month and have had great results with it. My face is completely clear and no more big red swollen knots under my skin that last for weeks. My complexion looks great and I've even sto...

Idahoanatheart | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/12/2021
Condition: Skin Infection

I contracted MRSA after having major surgery and developed several abscesses on my skin before realizing what I was plagued with. Once I started the antibiotic, the intense pain and swelling was greatly diminished within about 3 days. The only inconvenience is it really takes planning of when to take your dosage due to dietary restrictions with a few hours of taking. But it was a lifesaver for MRSA treatment.

Jonathan Ortiz | 13-18 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/18/2021
Condition: Acne

Ive been taking the pill orally for about a month now and I have seen no results. I have been using it with a 10% benzyl peroxide cleanser in the morning and 4% salicylic acid cleanser at night with the differn adapalene gel. If anything it has made my acne much worse. It was prescribed to me to control the dark purple spots after a pimple, but it's just made me break out even more and i still see the dark spots. Please give me recommendations.

Jerry | 75 or over | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/22/2020
Condition: Bacterial Skin Infection - Yaws

The medicine on the third day caused diarrhea, I woke up 4:30 AM on the third day with left leg tremors. The tremors lasted about 5 minutes. The only thing I can attribute it to is the medication as I take and have for years Paxil 20 MG at night and Zanex 1 mg. Maybe the medication did not mix well with my other above meds.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/5/2020
Condition: Acne

I personally have to take this with food or a snack or I feel nauseous. It has improved my acne in 2 weeks but not completely gone away so I am continuing for another 2 weeks to see how it goes. I have mild acne on my face, neck back and shoulders.

issa682001 | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
5/4/2019
Condition: infection caused by bacteria
toots | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month |
8/23/2018
Condition: Sinus Irritation and Congestion

OMG This started on July 27th. By july 29th I developed a allergic skin rash that has covered everything except my face and palms of hands and bottom of feet. I called dr and told her. she switched me to something else. I ended up go to the ER because a week later my rash was getting worse. I tried Benadryl and oatmeal soaks. NOTHING would help. Dr at the ER wasn't surprised when he heard that I'd been on Doxycycline. Here I am 28 days later

Elizabeth | 13-18 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
4/8/2018
Condition: Acne

As a teen, acne is really a bother to me. When I was younger, I didnâ??t really care too much about pimples even when people pointed them out because my friends had pimples too so I wasnâ??t alone. But as I paid less attention to my skin, it started getting worse when I got to my first year of high school. My friendsâ?? acne was nearly gone except me. So I tried a bunch of natural treatments that people recommended to me but it didnâ??t really help though it was slightly better. It started to hurt my self esteem so I finally decided to try this medication. I took the tablet versions rather than the capsules because that was what they gave me. The first week of taking it, along with applying Retin-A cream on my pimples helped a little bit. Iâ??m warning you, this drug takes time to work itâ??s not a first week thing. Unless youâ??re really patient, I wouldnâ??t recommend this medication. It works really well after the first two months of using it. Iâ??ve been using this for almost a year already and my acne has improved a lot. But before my periods, I still break out sometimes, not as much as before though and my acne is more manageable. Iâ??d take this over Accutane any day since itâ??s less harsh. Just keep telling yourself to be patient with this drug and youâ??ll get there someday :)Read More Read Less

Tom | 13-18 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/2/2017
Condition: Acne

I'm taking this medicine along with topical treatments to treat acne. I have a moderate to severe case of cystic acne. Overall it works OK. It definitely has improved my acne condition but is no where near making it go away completely.

katrika123 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/18/2016
Condition: Acute Staphylococcus Aureus Infection of the Sinuses

I have been taking this med for 3 days it hurts my tummy and iv already thrown up once. I do not care for that part, but I guess I no choices . Hopefolly it get better.

dbrown | 55-64 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/28/2016
Condition: Acne Rosacea

Prescribed 100mg 2x/day. Cleared condition within two weeks. Continued at this dose until I personally read of the 30mg dosage. I decreased my 100mg to only once per day. Still effective. I then took every other day. NOT effective. For me, taking 100mg 4x per week has been effective for years. Take 100mg Sat/Sun - Tues/Thurs.

Shika | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/23/2015
Condition: Acne

Second time using this medication.It did take a month to work and it was worth the time.My acne was HORRIBLE and traveled from my fave to back,chest and neck.This all has happened within a year,my only complaint is when I stopped taking it after I used my prescription up my acne came right back??????????and rather quickly too.Doc says it's not good to stay on it but what do we do to fix this problem.I was given a refill for 90 more days so I guess I will be flawless for 90 days then back to a pizza face????Read More Read Less

HelpMyAcne | 19-24 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/8/2015
Condition: Acne

I have been taking this medication for about a month now. It was fine for awhile but recently I've been getting really sick to my stomach. I sat on a chair this morning for half an hour wondering if I was going to throw up again. I did. That is the second time in 3 days. It recommends you drink it with plenty of water so maybe I just have to drink more water. And i guess I haven't seen much difference in my face to this point.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/12/2015
Condition: Pneumonia caused by Bacteria

Started a ten day course of this antibiotic after my pneumonia started to return, along with new pleurisy symptoms, a few days after my previous antibiotic.This has done a good job reducing my symptoms, except for pain from inflammation. I do get very nauseous and vomit if I do not take it with food, especially in the morning.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/8/2015
Condition: Malaria

I take this drug when I travel to India as a preventive measure. It has worked for me with no side effects. I take it once a day, 2 days before the trip, during the trip and 10 days after the trip. It seems to be working. Traveling again next week and will be taking it once more.

klk23 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/22/2015
Condition: Acne

i been taking this medicine for two months and its been working fine. some people might get upset stomach but i haven't had any yet. the only thing about this medicine is that it messed up my period.

Anonymous | 75 or over | Male | Patient
2/18/2015
Condition: Throat Irritation

I went to doctor for a cough and she said it was due to sinus. I have taken it for almost a week and the cough is worst.

Anonymous | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/8/2014
Condition: Acne

I've been taking this medication for exactly one month and one day now. I have been taking it twice a day morning and night. Meanwhile, I also put Retin-A Cream on before bed time. My face and bottom buttox has cleared from the really bad cystic acne although I still have little red bumps or small white heads appearing on my face. I don't know if I need to prolong the use of it. Every time I take the medicine, thirty minutes into it I get really hot. I have nausea and I either feel like i'm going to start sweating or pass out. It always leads to me vomiting though. It really bugs, but I don't want to stop taking this, as I think if I stop all my acne will go in reverse. Read More Read Less

Concerned Patient | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/5/2014
Condition: Acne

After taking this drug for a few days I started to get sore throat. 1.5 weeks into it and I have to stop completely as it is difficult and painful to swallow, have a sore throat pretty bad, and have lost my voice.

Anonymous | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
10/16/2014
Condition: Acne

I used to have really bad acne, but since I started taking this medication it has really helped clear it up. My only complaint is that it makes me extremely nauseous if I don't take it with food. Other than that, it has worked pretty well.

crinkster | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/26/2014
Condition: Pneumonia caused by Bacteria

I was diagnosed with pneumonia and began this drug at 100 mg twice a day. After 9 days, I am still suffering from teeth-shattering chills and fever which alternate with horrible sweats, nausea and vomiting and extreme tiredness and weakness. I know pneumonia isn't cured overnight, however, the fever should have broken for good after a couple of days of treatment on the antibiotic. the pulmonologist has just put me on a steroid and my PCP (it was an urgent care MD who put me on this drug) is putting me on a different antibiotic tomorrow after this one has (ineffectively) run its course.Read More Read Less