I have taken 225mg of this drug 3 times a day for 4 years. It has worked very well and although expensive is still much cheaper than Rythmol. The only side effect I noticed was constipation.

Given this medicine for fast heart rate. Have been severly naseaus after taking this and have a bitter/tin taste in my mouth. I have quit taking it and am going to call MD for something else.

RGS | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/21/2016
Condition: Atrial Fibrillation

I use Propafenone Oral on a "As Needed" basis, it stopped my A-fib within 30 minutes on the first and only time of taking it (300 mg Tabs). I keep some with me at all times,as the Dr calls it "The Pocket Pill". It works for me.

AC Control Direct | 65-74 | Male | Patient
12/3/2016
luckyone | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/23/2016
Condition: Atrial Fibrillation

I would never use this again. Used it for three months, was reluctant to take it due to the nasty side effects and was told they only pertain to the elderly, took it for two months, suffered cardiac arrest from a long QT time it gave me. This was verified by the heart hospital, would never ever take it again. Woke up out of a coma a week and a half later and lucky to be alive!

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
9/10/2014
Condition: Atrial Fibrillation

I use this medication for , what the cardiologist calls, the pill in the pocket. I take it as needed when in A-Fib. Within about 1 to 2 hours, my heart rythmm is back to normal. It does leave a metallic taste for about 24 hrs. Sure beats going to the ER to get cardioverted.

gottago56 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/9/2014
Condition: Atrial Fibrillation

Have suffered from AF for 3+ years. Started with Rythmol twice per day, but began taking generic after a year with no difference in effectiveness. I suffer 1-2 episodes per year since taking the drug, but have suffered some weight gain and tiredness. Small price to pay for being nearly episode free. Current Dose Propafenone HSL SR 325 once per day at bedtime.