Started taking sotalol after it was used to convert me from atrial fibrillation to sinus rhythm. Dr. prescribed 80 mg twice a day. It lowered my blood pressure too low and slowed my heart down too much, and I was constantly tired and exhausted and lightheaded. So the doctor cut my dosage down to 40 mg twice a day. I have been taking it for two months now with no re-occurrences of atrial fibril...

I have ihss and I want to know if I should be taking this. My cardiologist up North, said I should not take this. But I am IN fl., and the cardiologists said I should. I was taking atenenol 25mg in the morning and 25mg at night. But only take the sotalol.

SotalolMe | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
2/8/2021
Condition: Prevention of Recurrent Atrial Fibrillation

After several years of on again off again Afib with a very fast heart rate, sotalol has so far solved the problem. 8 months without an episode after the initial load in the hospital. I love it!

Patricia | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/10/2020
Condition: Prevention of Recurrent Atrial Fibrillation

Sotalol pills are controlling my A. Fib. very well but the side effects are very hard on me. I can not sleep well, I have become over emotional and have bad mood changes, I am almost bald from hair loss, I over react emotionally, I am very nervous, I am deaf and mute so I have poor balance to start with and Sotalol makes my lack of good balance even worse so have to be very careful when I walk or I fall,I get confused easily, I have trouble understanding things now, all of this started after I started taking sotalol. I am 76 years old and had to have my heart shocked 4 times over a period of two years. I had a pace maker put in and that seems to be helping. I have not had a A. Fib. attack since the pace maker was put in and started on Sotalol but the Sotalol side effects are so hard on me.

NJM | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
5/31/2019
Condition: Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia

My husband started on this drug a week ago. His normal heart rate is considered low (50-60) with Sotalol 80mg2 x day he became weak, lethargic, exhausted just walking across the drive, dropped his heart rate below 40. Dr now has him taking 80 mg per day. This stuff is killing him! He has paroxysmal Afib with a RF ablation scheduled in about 7 weeks. He needs off this drug ASAP! It is dropping his heart rate too low to function.

Always fatigued I stk | 75 or over | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
2/1/2019
Condition: Prevention of Recurrent Atrial Fibrillation

I have been on this drug for months has not helped my a fib or my a fib flutter Or my very slow heart beat

BBNshville | 75 or over | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
6/30/2018
Condition: Prevention of Recurrent Atrial Fibrillation

80mg 2X/day for over a year, lowered bp very well and stopped afib, side effect of fatigue, tiredness, will discuss with cardiologist to lower my dosage and hopefully with result of still controlling bp and afib as well as eliminating tiredness and fatigue