A little stomach ache for a few minutes after taking the drug on an empty stomach. Eating food first eliminates that.

just wanted to know why i am taking this drug

Denni | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/30/2021
Condition: Gout

The primary reason for being placed on this medication was for a suspected case of gout in my foot, after a trip to urgent care. However, to make a 25 year long story short, this drug was a miracle. I started taking it 2 days ago. My pain was gone after the first dose. I walked out of work that night, for the first time in almost 2 years, without limping. I walked to the bathroom the next morning, instead of shuffling my feet to get there. I walked up and down my stairs, one foot after the other, instead of two stepping the whole way up as I pulled myself up with the handrail. I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis a year ago. I had 25 years of unexplained and misdiagnosed symptoms answered in one visit to the rheumatologist. I've been on naproxen and methotrexate with no results. When I got the info sheet from the pharmacist, it said that this was prescribed for arthritis, gouty arthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis (which I have had since my early 20's, which several doctors failed to diagnose, probably because they never did x-rays and just gave me 800mg Motrin or a referral for physical therapy, despite the fact that I explained that the pain literally paralyzed me until my back relaxed.) Anyway...bottom line, I will be talking to the rheumatologist about regular, prn use of this medication. It works!Read More Read Less

FastFreddy | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/10/2021
Condition: Gout

I took this at the onset of a gout flareup and had relief within 1-2 hours. I had been dealing with Gout for the first time over the last 4 weeks and this immediately provided relief. I have also noticed that my chronic lower back pain has subsided after taking this. Perhaps a coincidence but I'll know for sure in the coming weeks as I only plan to take this when my Gout is acting up.

Bullrider | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/12/2021
Condition: Gout

No help at all. Each time I take 3 doses and nothing happens, so I quit. Also, while it doesn't bother my stomach, it does make me dizzy for about 30 minutes. A double dose might help some, but that's not how it was prescribed, so I won't do that.

Clyde | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/17/2021
Condition: Gout

Ask anyone who's had gout and they'll tell you the pain is often off the scales. This drug is about the only pain reliever I've used that tamps down that pain, usually quite quickly. That said, I have high blood pressure, and this can push my BP into dangerous territory. Just a word to the wise! My not-do-bad side effects are dizziness and sleepiness. Drink lots of water and cherry juice, too!

Anonymous | 25-34 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/15/2021
Condition: Gout

Worked to take dramatically reduce severe gout pain within 2 hours of taking. Upset my stomach even with food but this was much better than the pain.

glen | 65-74 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
11/29/2020
Condition: Gout

I have been taking for 10 years. I found that the best way to avoid prolonged pill taking is to take two 50mg pills at the first sign of gout. I rareley take more than this. The odd time I have to take another pill 8 hours later and maybe another. The key here is to catch it early.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/16/2020
Condition: Gout

It had the opposite effect! kicked in the gout, within an hour after taking it. got red and swelled up. By next morning(12h later) it swelled back down ok, then i thought i must be wrong, it must be something i ate.. then i took an other 50mg just to make sure that`s what did it,. and Boom! that`s what it was.

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/21/2020
Condition: Gout

i have my dr prescribe both the 50mg and the 25mg doseages....or my pharmacist will issue double the number in the 25mgs. 25mg for during the day and 50mg at bedtime. Same problem as others at the 50mg....major dizziness and feeling loopy as someone else put it....but is worth it as it works for me.

Frik | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/19/2020
Condition: Gout

This the first RX that I have ever really took the pain away form my gout attack. Was feeling 100% relief in about two hours. I highly recommend. They will make you sleepy so be careful when and where you take them.

gout-foot-pain | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/19/2019
Condition: Gout

Significant relief of severe gout foot pain within 2-3 hours of taking (1) 50mg capsule. I also experienced dizziness for about first 2 hours and allot sweating. First time taking this med for gout. If you take this I would not plan on doing anything for first 2-3 hours, was difficult for me to work.

AlexT | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/14/2019
Condition: Shoulder Tendon Inflammation

No thank you to this prescription. Have been experiencing awful migraine-like headaches just on the left side of my head (temple and eye) for several weeks. Debilitating pain, unable to function. Turned out to be stemming from inflammation in my neck/shoulder. Got put on 50mg of this (was very hopeful). Second day and I canâ??t take the side effects and still feel a bit of the original pain. Side effects like a completely messed up stomach (I have been taking with food as directed), awful nausea, dizzy, lethargic. Almost feels like a lingering hangover. Within an hour of taking experience anxiety and higher blood pressure. I will not be taking the rest of these. Prescribed for 15 days. I canâ??t even imagine. Disappointing. Was previously prescribed prednisone and that worked amazing with barely any side effects. But taking that for longer than a week isnâ??t recommended. Sigh Read More Read Less

kdd | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/26/2019
Condition: Gout

Does not work for me. Pain and swelling still persistent. The dizziness and high blood pressure caused by it make it a no go for me. Taken after a meal with lots of water and I get dizzy within 10 minutes. Caused blood pressure to go up 20 points.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/15/2019
Condition: Gout

I tried with just water and did not work well for me. I was dizzy and did not feel well. I tried with food / meal and has changed my gout pain by 70-80%. have not had any of side effects since I took with food. I changed jobs and had to be on my feet 6-8 hrs a day. On take as needed but have found 1 pill taken 2-3 hrs into shift works for me.

Shecoria | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/5/2019
Condition: Inflammation of the Tendon

I do not recommend this medication. It causes severe headaches, dizziness, anxiety, and it causes the pulse in my ear to beat extremely loud.

Tipper | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
2/18/2019
Condition: Gout

Not a drug that you can take prior to exercise to avoid gout. It makes me, a 200 lb male; loopy to the point of having trouble staying upright, and then sleepy on the 50 mg tablet. Taken at bedtime is likely a much better suggestion.

Broadstairs Tim | 55-64 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
1/31/2019
Condition: Gout

I find that it can take up to 8 hours to relieve an attack. I think you have to accept it is no quick fix. Relieving the symptoms by chilling the area affected helps until then. It has no effect on the leukocytes that are causing the inflammatory response (and subsequent pain) already in the bloodstream. It does make me a bit dizzy for a short time, but that is a small price to pay for the eventual relief. Everyone is different and what works for one doesnt necessarily work for all.

ranger | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/6/2018
Condition: Gout

My condition worsened after taking this medication; increased pain and swelling to the point I can barely walk. However, no side effects like nausea, dizziness, or drowsiness.

Sam | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
5/25/2018
Condition: Gout

Extremely effective and It will start giving you relief within 4 to 6 hours and within 24 hours gone completely.

Nei Si | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/29/2018

I took this med for a badly sore, swollen and leaky ingrown toe/toenail. It was prescribed along with Doxy-Cycline HYC 100mg tab. These two together performed miracles. BUT the side effects of the two were something to endure. With two weeks left on the Indomethacin, I find it to be most severe on me as far as side effects are concerned. Advice to prospective users, if you work, plan to take a brief vacation. It took me two full days off work plus going in later after consuming med earlier that morning. But my work hours are flexible. Please take with food. Although I did so, I still experienced nervous and upset stomach. I also vomited. Had slight headaches with blurred vision. Also experienced constipation, drowsiness and dizziness. Oh and the gas, bloating and feeling full was no fun either. With two weeks left on that particular med, I can’t complete. Good medicine but I can no longer take it due to the side effects.Read More Read Less

barbderby | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/28/2018
Condition: Gout

This medicine caused me to have extreme dizziness and nausea. It was like motion sickness...room spinning. Maybe that's why my insurance denied it. I wish I hadn't gone ahead and paid out of pocket for it.