I have been using Flexeril on and off for the last 15 years following a serious head on auto accident some 35 years ago. It is designed to provide relief from muscle cramping. In my system it has a 12 hour half life, meaning it decreases its effectiveness by 1/2 in 12 hours. Other people get an 8 hour half life from it. It lists its first side effect as drowsiness and I would have to agree. I...

Do not take this med. OMG. I just researched this after taking for a diagnosis of sciatica (which I never do, I usually do extensive research). READ the side effects people. I have had horrible constipation for weeks (just figured it out after reading side effects). I am 124 lbs, size 4-6, the distension (sp?) is like I'm 4 months pregnant, the excruciating lower back pain due to the constitpati...

Jslov | 25-34 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/24/2021

28 male, 5”11 220lbs. Broke glass and used a short Broom that was up to my waist and it had me bend and reach at a awkward angle. Bent down as well while sweeping into dust pan. Stood up and it felt like someone stabbed me in my love handle/glute location. Tried to walk and fell down to on my knees and had to crawl. Discomfort and intolerable pain in each position I laid. Opioids didn’t work at all. Went to emergency after a day of suffering and got cyclobenzaprine prescribed. Kicked in when I got home and I couldn’t believe how much this helped me. Day 3 and everything went away and my lower back glut and legs were numb. No more shooting pain from hamstring down to my toes. Posture was normal after using toilet, before it made me crooked and had to crawl into bed. After 3 weeks of taking one before bed, I’m.cured.Read More Read Less

Deborah Marie | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/31/2021
Condition: Muscle Spasm

When I took the medication, it made me sleepy, but it gave me very bad diarrhea So of course I can't take it.

Donna Mamey | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
8/11/2021
Condition: Muscle Spasm

Cyclobenzaprine is a miracle drug for me. I have several ruptured disks in my spine and this drug enables me to function and complete chores, etc. I have used this drug for years when needed and will probably use it for the rest of my life. I experience no side effects. I am so grateful for this drug.

Carla B | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/15/2021

I had been experiencing extreme fatigue, brain fog, muscle spasms, and joint pain for months after having Covid. My doctor prescribed Cyclobenzaprine to take once at night to help me sleep better and to see if that would alleviate some of my symptoms. After taking the medication for a month now, I can say that it has helped alleviate all of my symptoms. I have noticed constipation, but I have found that if I hydrate continually throughout the day and take fiber supplements that I am able to better counteract that side effect. I have also learned to pace myself more and take mental breaks throughout the day. The medication has helped me to relax the tension in my body at night in order to get a more restful sleep.Read More Read Less

PhylomenaD | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/8/2021
Condition: Muscle Spasm

Easy to take. I can swallow this without water. Not bad ! I wonder if hoarseness is a side effect too.

Yresim | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/20/2021
Condition: Muscle Spasm

I've been on this for several months. My doctor assured me that it would "start working" after "a while" and said I needed to "give it a chance." But the only thing it ever does is make me drowsy. I guess maybe I don't have muscle spasms when it causes me to pass out in the middle of the day. But they're ongoing any time I'm awake.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/28/2020
Condition: Muscle Spasm

I took 5 pills for 5 days for the neck spasm .while taking this pill also I felt so much dizziness .after 5 days I stopped using that pills ,but even after stopped I am feeling light headed and dizziness for more that 4 days

Liz | 35-44 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
12/14/2020
Condition: Muscle Spasm

Makes me really drowsy. I just take once in a while when my herniated disc really persists. It makes me sleep 1.5 hours after taking it and I canâ??t resist the urge to sleep.

Elliot | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/24/2019

Always having sleep issues, now made worse by alzheimers Avoid Benzos, try off label anti-dpressants. Have tired Tranzedome and Remron in the past. Flexeril isn't as fast acting but gives a more natural sleep with les next day hangover.

heavilymedicated | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/18/2019
Condition: Muscle Spasm

I've taken cyclobenzaprine as well as other commonly used muscle relaxants in the past (methocarbomol, metaxalone) with minimal relief and minor noticeable effect, but today I took a leftover dose of flexeril from a script I used months earlier and it really knocked me out. Not sure if taking on an empty stomach had any effect, but it took about 1.5 hours to set in and it took everything I had not to lay down at work. Made it through the day, came home and immediately crashed on the couch for 5 hours. Woke up and still felt uncomfortably fatigued. In my experience cyclobenzaprine does very little to relieve muscle pains/spasms and is fatiguing more so than "relaxing." Take with food, start with a small dose until you're comfortable with the effects and allow yourself plenty of down time after taking this medication. Working, driving or any physical activity can be very taxing while the cyclobenzaprine is in your system.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/21/2019
Condition: Disorder characterized by Stiff, Tender & Painful Muscles

This pill did work for my TMJ. However, it makes you excessively sleepy, and I had terrible heart pain and palpitations for days after. I had to discontinue it, even though it helped ease the symptoms. I’ve never had any heart issues previously, but I cannot take this drug.

Heff | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
5/14/2019
Condition: Disorder characterized by Stiff, Tender & Painful Muscles

I have chronic back pain. Nothing shows up on MRI. With exercise it flares up. I take a 7.5m pill two or three times a week at bedtime. Definitely helps me sleep even with back issue. No bad side effects.

Mick | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
2/5/2019
Condition: Disorder characterized by Stiff, Tender & Painful Muscles

This makes so sleepy and unable to function; I take it at night along with Tylenol for pain which helps relax my muscles. I cannot take this three times a day as prescribed or I would never be functional.

MacCat | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/30/2018
Condition: Disorder characterized by Stiff, Tender & Painful Muscles

Left me tired and groggy and was not able to function until the next day. It completely wore off after two days. Not recommended with Fibromyalgia.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female |
10/19/2018
Condition: Muscle Spasm

Def need to be able to sleep for about 13 hours before needing to do anything. Makes me sooo tired I can’t fucntion or amstay awake. I think it may help some tho with muscle pain relief in conjunction with pain meds.

? | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/9/2018
Condition: Muscle Spasm

DRUG Given for the relief of sciatica pain muscle contraction, no noticeable results.

Sofarsogood | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/24/2018
Condition: Disorder characterized by Stiff, Tender & Painful Muscles

After weeks of sleeplessness caused by the wracking pain of muscle spasms, my doctor prescribes this. So far, so good!

Warrior princess ws | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/19/2018

I take this medication for lower and upper back and neck pain. I have to take it at night. Cause it me drowsy

Atesot | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/15/2018
Condition: Muscle Spasm

The medication worked well for me. But the effects of dry mouth were horrible. I couldn't even talk for a minute without a very dry mouth. I slept most of the day and was just slow in many activities. It should be taken with complete rest.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/7/2018
Condition: Muscle Spasm

Treated my back pain while pregnant. Super fast and almost complete relief.