I had a bad case of bronchitis and was on antibiotics and steriod inhalers. I got a bad case of thrush all over my tongue, mouth, throat and it was on my vocal cords...the ENT gave me DIFULUCAN for 5 days and 14 days of the Nistatin. It cleared it up. ALSO a really good tip that my old ENT gave me as I had this once before from a steroid inhaler...HE TOLD me to mix 50/50 of the mouthwash CEPACO...

This medicine made my daughter's stomach hurt really bad and the taste and texture was horrible. She got it from dental work, or birth control pills. Taking other med with it and she had to stop and now it seems it is spreading even more. There has to be some kind of other solution to this horrible smelling, and tasting medicine. It may work for some but not for her! Gross!

Anonymous | 19-24 | Patient
5/28/2021
Condition: Thrush

ive only taken 2 doses so far so i cant speak for the effectiveness but this stuff tastes so godawful it makes me want to puke. i have to aggressively brush my teeth after taking this medication. i cant stand to hold it in my mouth for more than 90 seconds. so so so horrible tasting its insane to me that they would make a medication that you have to HOLD in your mouth so godd*mn foul tasting. excuse my language but its just the most rancid thing ive had the misfortune of putting in my mouth

clocky | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/2/2021
Condition: Thrush

I get thrush occasionally from corticosteroid asthma inhalers. This time, it's bad and feels like it's spreading to my throat. I've been on it for 3 days now, and the feeling is out of my throat, and my tongue/mouth are healing. When you get thrush, it feels like your tongue is burnt.

Skittle-scooch | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/26/2020
Condition: Thrush

I was prescribed this after an antibiotic for surgery triggered a thrush outbreak in my mouth. Before starting treatment my mouth was sore and covered in white patches. After a few days of taking the drug I began to notice no more pain in my mouth and the patches clearing up. I was instructed to swallow my medication as my doctor was worried about it spreading to my throat. Unfortunately this did lead to upset stomach and diarrhea. It was still worth it to get rid of the thrush in my mouth.

romy | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
8/26/2020
Condition: Stomach and Intestinal Infection caused by the Fungus Candida

I have intestinal candida yeast, taking tablets 4xday 2000. for over 4 months, and I still have truck full of gas and bloating and am wondering for how long must I take this before I see relief?

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months |
5/7/2020
Anonymous | Female | Patient
5/5/2020
Condition: Candida Fungus Infection of Mouth, Skin, Nails or Vagina

This medication was prescribed by my doctor. It tastes absolutely disgusting. It leaves a foul taste in my mouth 24 hours a day that nothing can take away. I have used this medication 3 times now and feel sick at the thought of using it again. I have seen NO improvement. This medication is so foul I can not use it. I will be asking my doctor for something else.

Red Baron | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/24/2020
Condition: Thrush

I am a diabetic: I have thrush of the throat. After two days, I very suddenly went into anyphalactic shock: ER visit. Severe allergic reaction.

LisaSue | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/2/2019
Condition: Candida Fungus Infection of Mouth, Skin, Nails or Vagina

I had Candidal stomatitus for sometime but didn't know it. I had a cough from a constant urge to clear my throat. My infection came from using a light dosage of Advair which I think is an inhaled corticosteroid. In addition to taking nystatin oral and stopping the Advair, my throat feels like it started clearing up in days. Of course the medicine is disgusting but it's tolerable. At first it's ok but then in minutes, your mouth feels sticky. I can't wait for treatment to be over so my mouth feels normal. I believe I read something about diabetics using this medicine so I assume it is loaded with sugar and I hate to think what it may be doing to my teeth. BTW, my instructions say to swish and spit out. I do not swallow it.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/24/2019
Condition: Thrush

I developed oral thrush after a week of the antibiotic metronidazole. I’m on day 4 of nystatin and my thrush is getting worse instead of better. My lips are now chapping and my entire mouth has a burnt feeling. My tastebuds aren’t the same and the taste in my mouth from the nystatin is terrible.

sandalsoversneakers | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/25/2019
Condition: Stomach and Intestinal Infection caused by the Fungus Candida

I am using Nystatin for candida yeast infection that i got from recent antibiotics. I had thrush on my tongue, vaginal yeast infection and lots of gas and bloating after antibiotics probably caused by candida overgrowth in my intestines which doctors ironically ignore. Fluconazole left me with a burning tongue and vagina and I had to stop it because of horrendous side effects and because it is not effective. Long story short, decided to take the tablets along with the liquid for the [thrush] by the advice of my friend who is a doctor. This was the only thing that worked for me. Taking 1 pill 3 x/day with other natural stuff like oregano oil pills, pau d'arco tea, capryilic acid, grapefruit seed extract with a no sugar and carb diet as well as probiotics, it is working much better, otherwise the pills alone are slow to work. For those whose symtoms worsen when you take nystatin it is because of the yeast die off not because it is not working. Be patient when treating a fungus, it takes for a while to clear up with this medication. Unfortunately, the downside is I get bad abdominal cramps and non-stop gas, back pain, headache, and muscle aches from this medicine. And in the beginning, it caused frequent and painful BMs, diarrhoea, thrush on the tongue, vaginal itching, nausea, lethargy, frequent urination, stomach spasms, indigestion, flu symptoms. It was so bad that I reduced the dose for a while then increased it again. It is much better now already the 8 weeks on it, because I still have some fungus on my tongue. Hopefully, will clear it up, the cramps, gas and headaches are horrible. My friend told me though it takes for a while to work though. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/22/2018
Condition: Candida Fungus Infection of Mouth, Skin, Nails or Vagina

STay the course. I saw little results my first 5 days for aggresive white tongue which included patches at the back of my tongue. On the 6th/7th day, I saw a significant change in the appearance of my tonge, finally seeing that healthy pink colour I was aiming for. I took 5ml 4 times a day for the full 7 days. Note, I don't know if it was a coincidence, but I bought a copper ayurvedic tongue scraper off Amazon on the 5th day of my treatment. The scraper coupled with the Nystatin is when I saw immediate results. Hang in there everyone and wait until the last days of the treatment until you see results.Read More Read Less

gma | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/21/2018
Condition: Thrush

I took this medicine for 3 days.The first day I felt a little nausea, 2nd day I had a lot of pain in my stomach and felt extremely ill. My tongue was twice the size it should have been. The 3rd day I took it once and said no more.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/13/2018
Condition: Candida Fungus Infection of Mouth, Skin, Nails or Vagina

Alright, am I crazy but is this the ABSOLUTE WORST tasting thing out there. I literally gagged and had to spit this out. How in the world are you guys drinking this stuff. Then it says to swallow it. OMG. You couldn't pay me enough to ingest this stuff. No one else has had this experience? Wow. Wow.

bribri | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/23/2017
Condition: Candida Fungus Infection of Mouth, Skin, Nails or Vagina

My wife and I both have oral thrush. Was given Nystatin. Mild upset stomach. Tiredness. Taste was ok at first but now it's getting old. Not working as fast as I thought it would. I also have back pain now. Don't know if it is from Med but timing seems the same.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/20/2017
Condition: Candida Fungus Infection of Mouth, Skin, Nails or Vagina

Tastes disgusting, and makes me nauseous.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/29/2017
Condition: Candida Fungus Infection of Mouth, Skin, Nails or Vagina

seemed like it was going to work then about half way through the 10 days the infection was back to where i started

Luis | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/7/2016
Condition: Thrush

I had white patches on my tongue and was given this med. I didnt see a big improvement. I tried oral rinses with half hydrogen peroxide and half water. That worked faster. Also i brushed my tongue with baking soda and scraped my tongue clean with a spoon afterwards. That cleared my problem in about a week. However there seems to be an underlying problem because after two months the thrush came back. Perhaps im eating too much sweets. Well that is my experience eith this medication.

Marco C. T. | 13-18 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/24/2016
Condition: Candida Fungus Infection of Mouth, Skin, Nails or Vagina

It takes a lot of time to show improvements. No pain relief.

Herb | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/11/2016
Condition: Thrush

Can you drink a vinegar solution while taking nystatin?

NanaD | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month |
4/2/2016
Condition: Candida Fungus Infection of Mouth, Skin, Nails or Vagina

My prescription is the oral suspension. It taste like it is a very sweet banana flavor which is not good to me. I have to swish it around and then swallow it, which makes me want to gag. It seems to be helping with the ulcers in my mouth, however it makes me really nauseated after swallowing it. My stomach also tends to feel really bloated. I am going to discuss the discomfort when I go back to my oral surgeon and see what he thinks needs to be done.