This has really helped me get control of my frequent migraines. It works fairly quickly and I don't get any side effects - which is great because I can't use Imitrex due to terrible side effects, and using Excedrin works but it can cause rebound headaches or sometimes that's just too much caffeine. I also like Vicodin but it's too hard to get prescriptions for it due to the dependency factor, and ...

It used to work for my migraines, but has stopped. I also tend to get rebound headaches when using it, and it completely knocks me out.

DianaRoby | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
11/14/2019
Condition: Migraine Headache

I started taking Midrin decades ago. It was a miracle worker. When it was taken off the market, I was beyond upset. Hate taking Vicodin or getting shots at doctor's or er. Glad to know that it appears to be available in a generic version. Requesting from my doctor today.

Subarachnoid | 45-54 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
10/3/2019
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have been on the generic of Midrin for a number of years. Initially when I started taking it, I misunderstood the directions and took 2 every 4 hours! I would get dizzy and nauseous even thinking about taking it again and stopped taking it for awhile. The migraines bled through even when I was up to 800mg of Topanga so I knew I had to do something. My doctor put me back on the Midrin and it has been awesome ever since. I made sure I understood the directions and only take it when needed. I tried waiting to see if I could relax and get the h/a to go away but that is when it would get worse. I take it when the pain starts and typically the pain goes away within the hour. I can take it at work and drive, whatever I need to do but the best way is to take it and relax and sleep. I'm curious with the FDA for taking it off the market and have even written them about it. They told me it didn't show being effective for people and find were concerned about one of the ingredients. It has been around for so long that is ridiculous. People have to be careful how they use it as with any drug.

DebEsparza | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
1/8/2019
Condition: Migraine Headache

This has been the only migraine medicine that works for me and now the FDA has ordered it off the market. I am devastated. I remember what my life was like before Midrin and how much pain I had. I am beyond upset.

Sharron | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
11/23/2018
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have taken this medication since I was 32, I am now 70 and feel it has been a miracle drug for me. I now use the generic as Midrin is no longer produced. Still as effective and it is ALWAYS in my purse to abort a migraine should one begin.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
9/24/2017
Condition: Migraine Headache

I've been using this med since I was a teenager and I'm 60 now. Best thing ever for migraine or serious tension headache. It's a shame that it's so expensive anymore. I've been told that is because only one drug manufacturer is making it these days. I tried other migraine preparations when Midrin was taken off the market for a while, and none of them worked as well as Midrin does.